• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyStream Subtitles (Question)

Knew

Hey, I've never used the AnyStream software (not even the trial) but I was wondering if it's possible to get subtitles out of the things you download. If you can; what file format are they usually? Does it change depend on the streaming service? Is it also possible to download just the subtitles and not the video or both separately? Thanks!

(Apologies if this is in the wrong section of the forum).

Hey, I've never used the AnyStream software (not even the trial) but I was wondering if it's possible to get subtitles out of the things you download. If you can; what file format are they usually? Does it change depend on the streaming service? Is it also possible to download just the subtitles and not the video or both separately? Thanks!

(Apologies if this is in the wrong section of the forum).

There's a setting for that. You can have them embedded in the video file (a seperate track inside the mp4 file, NOT HARDCODED IN THE VIDEO), a seperate ttml file (eg video.mp4 + video.ttml) or an srt file. The format the streaming provider serves them in can change between specific streams and providers. Downloading just subtitles is currently not possible but on the request list

Is it also possible to download just the subtitles and not the video or both separately? Thanks!
A given download will always include both however, if you set the subtitle option to external (SRT) the subtitles are the first thing to download. As such, if you just want the subtitles you can simply abort the download once the subtitles come down which takes just a second or two.

Thanks for the info! Greatly appreciated.

In addition, if you accidentally got subtitles embedded but want them external, you can either download them again and abort the download as already said or try to extract them with a software like MKV ToolNix since you would use a token for the abortet download.

In addition, if you accidentally got subtitles embedded but want them external, you can either download them again and abort the download as already said or try to extract them with a software like MKV ToolNix since you would use a token for the abortet download.
I already have ways to extract subtitles but thank you for letting me know just in case. <3

Back