• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyStream Plus

Randy Storey

When I purchased AnyStream in November of last year is was listed on the site to include new steaming services as they become available. I purchased a lifetime license. After that, then included Disney Plus and Disney+ Japan. After taking a break for some months, I noticed now that have a separate version call AnyStream Plus that includes basic streaming services (Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ Japan, Netflix, and Disney+) in addition to HBO Max and Hulu. Shouldn't this have been included in the original AnyStream.

Was is the purpose of providing the same product with additional streaming services when the user has to purchase an upgrade at 60.00 more euros.

I feel cheated.

There was a 40% discount offered to all those who wanted to upgrade but that has since gone away. I purchased and think AS Plus is a great product. I’m sorry you feel cheated but developers need to make a living too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite honestly I'm feeling cheated as well. At the very least they could have contacted existing owners and let them know when that discount was being offered. I bought a lifetime subscription thinking it would actually be worth something, and today I discover it's the bargain basement version. Moving the goalposts like that is not a good way to instill confidence in your users.

The discounted upgrade should be a standing offer for any and all users of the original license. Anything less is a slap in the face of those who supported you early on.

To be fair it was talked about plenty on the forum. Had y’all been active previously you would’ve known about the upgrade and discount instead of coming to complain after you missed it due to your own negligence.

We shouldn't be expected to continually check up on the forums of an occasional use program. The only negligence here is the authors not reaching out to existing users.

Well I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

The discount was advertised on the website for two months before it happened and lasted Until September 15. Look for our other 20% discounts usually offered on holidays sorry you missed out

As a user I want to chime in here. It's just my opinion of course but initially I felt some kinda way about this too. But there are 2 issues here not one.

The first is the fact that there is now a Plus version. OK sure, that was a change but it reflects I believe what it takes to do what people want. Which is to add providers on a regular basis. This does not sound like a whole lot but I think every provider creates an exponentially larger workload to keep it working well and to continue to develop it.

Secondly, the existing user discount of Plus. I can see both sides here. Those of us who use the app frequently generally use the forums frequently and it was easy to find out. Should a notification have gone out? Would you rather visit the forums occasionally or would you rather have them keep a DB of all the customers and regularly send junk out like most companies? I personally like it the way it is. However, with that said the suggestion of a standing discount for users who purchased before X date does not seem unfair to anyone.

Just my 2 cents, but personally (as a user) I am happy with everything as it is and how it went down.

99% of the customers took advantage of the sale. A sale has to end sometime. We offer sales at different periods throughout the year. A lot of people take advantage of them. It's like a coupon in a newspaper, if you don't read the newspapers and cut the coupon you miss the sale. Enough said. We value all our customers. Thank you for all your input.

Well I bought the Plus lifetime upgrade regardless of the fact that I'm based in the UK and primarily can only use Amazon because half of Netflix's content won't download in full HD, and none of Disney can download HD (I have a massive TV so anything below HD won't cut it). It wasn't much money (€60) and you guys are clearly doing a lot of good work on this product

The discount was advertised on the website for two months before it happened and lasted Until September 15. Look for our other 20% discounts usually offered on holidays sorry you missed out

Some kind of email would have been appreciated. I know I haven't had to use AnyStream since May due to a lot of things going on here. Loaded it just now and saw the "Premium" thing otherwise I would have never known it existed.

99% of the customers took advantage of the sale.

No offense, but statistics like that could easily be made up. I could imagine less than 99% took advantage of it considering most either don't use it as often, but still purchased a lifetime license or don't check the forums or site that consistently.

A sale has to end sometime. We offer sales at different periods throughout the year. A lot of people take advantage of them. It's like a coupon in a newspaper, if you don't read the newspapers and cut the coupon you miss the sale. Enough said. We value all our customers. Thank you for all your input.

Again, an email or something to people who purchased licenses is usually what companies do when they make changes like this. True sales have to end, but again usually some kind of notification (like a newsletter) is sent out. You mention discounts throughout the year but then say those are 20% off and then earlier it was mentioned that it was a one time 40% off for a life time license. Stuff like that is what discourages people from purchasing it because of not getting notified and then going "oh well we didn't say it to anyone unless you read the forums constantly, but here's a consolation prize because we care." just doesn't sit well.

Either way, that's my opinion. Overall it just put an extremely bad taste in my mouth because I never check the website or forums and only upgrade through the link that it takes me to negating the rest of the forum. Plus when I purchased it, the original purchase had claimed any and all upgrades would come with it, not in a premium package later on. Guess it just made my decision that much easier and gives me a reason not to recommend it. /shrug You all are free to do whatever you want, just figured there would have been some courtesy that all companies do and email people letting them know.

No offense, but statistics like that could easily be made up. I could imagine less than 99% took advantage of it considering most either don't use it as often, but still purchased a lifetime license or don't check the forums or site that consistently.

I mean if you don't trust them enough to believe stats then why trust them enough to send them money? That makes no sense to me.

Now I do get what you are saying and I think there is some validity to it but from what I gather most users of the software check the forums. So by doing it the way they did they covered most of the customer base probably (clearly I have no idea for sure).

As far as getting an email, I see what you are saying. But I think you need to keep the context of things in mind. RedFox does not sell "traditional" software nor are they a traditional software company.

Not demeaning your point, just my take on it. I am sorry you are unhappy however.

Back