• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anystream metadata file tags question (MP3Tag)

sierra117

Noticed that AS adds in content descriptions (short description of the show or movie).

in the apple TV app, that field is "Short Description" and I mapped it to MP3Tag as simply "DESCRIPTION". no problem there.

AS is filling in that information for the tag titled "COMMENT" in MP3Tag. for several files, I want to reassign "COMMENT" to the tag "DESCRIPTION". is there an easy way to do that in MP3Tag for several files at once, without losing the content of the tag ?

right now, i am going thru the Extended Tags, one at a time, for each file. I click the edit option for the "COMMENT" tag and change the title to "DESCRIPTION". when i do that, the field is mapped correctly to "Short Description" in apple TV that can be viewed when browsing movies/shows in the app on macOS.

3rd picture below is what i'm talking about ....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-04 141413.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-04 141413.png
    75.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2021-03-04 141455.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-04 141455.png
    123.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2021-03-04 141523.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-04 141523.png
    119.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Would it not be much simpler just to change the \xa9cmt tag to ldes using a hex editor?

I tried with one file that was lying about and ffmpeg output changed from :
Code:
comment         : The boys get recruited to join a cho...

to
Code:
synopsis        : The boys get recruited to join a cho...

Edit: obviously make a backup before you go playing with it ;)

Edit 2: ldes gives you "synopsis" or "long description;" desc gives you plain-old description

Edit 3: I went and looked at what the not-so-Pear company do (or at least used to) and they use desc for a one sentence description, and ldes for the actual synopsis, just FYI :)

Last edited:
Would it not be much simpler just to change the \xa9cmt tag to ldes using a hex editor?

I tried with one file that was lying about and ffmpeg output changed from :
Code:
comment         : The boys get recruited to join a cho...

to
Code:
synopsis        : The boys get recruited to join a cho...

Edit: obviously make a backup before you go playing with it ;)

Edit 2: ldes gives you "synopsis" or "long description;" desc gives you plain-old description

Edit 3: I went and looked at what the not-so-Pear company do (or at least used to) and they use desc for a one sentence description, and ldes for the actual synopsis, just FYI :)

that's straightforward to do but maybe i'm missing it in your answer .... if i open mp3tag and have several recently dl'd shows, all of them have "Comments" filled in and I just want to convert that tag to "Description" without losing the content of each tag ..... normally mp3tag reports "<keep>" when multiple values for a tag are present. Can see that if you highlight several files in mp3tag and do an "Extended Tags" right-click on them.

right now I am parsing thru them file by file by hitting the next arrow to manually change the type from Comment to Description.

And I need to also mention that Description might not be a native tag, it might have to be added to mp3Tag but afterwards it sticks with the app.

Back