Anystream metadata file tags question (MP3Tag)

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by sierra117, Mar 4, 2021.

1. sierra117

sierra117 Well-Known Member

Noticed that AS adds in content descriptions (short description of the show or movie).

in the apple TV app, that field is "Short Description" and I mapped it to MP3Tag as simply "DESCRIPTION". no problem there.

AS is filling in that information for the tag titled "COMMENT" in MP3Tag. for several files, I want to reassign "COMMENT" to the tag "DESCRIPTION". is there an easy way to do that in MP3Tag for several files at once, without losing the content of the tag ?

right now, i am going thru the Extended Tags, one at a time, for each file. I click the edit option for the "COMMENT" tag and change the title to "DESCRIPTION". when i do that, the field is mapped correctly to "Short Description" in apple TV that can be viewed when browsing movies/shows in the app on macOS.

3rd picture below is what i'm talking about ....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  2. 0x0x0x0x0

0x0x0x0x0 Well-Known Member

Would it not be much simpler just to change the \xa9cmt tag to ldes using a hex editor?

I tried with one file that was lying about and ffmpeg output changed from :
    Code:
    comment         : The boys get recruited to join a cho...

to
    Code:
    synopsis        : The boys get recruited to join a cho...

Edit: obviously make a backup before you go playing with it ;)

Edit 2: ldes gives you "synopsis" or "long description;" desc gives you plain-old description

Edit 3: I went and looked at what the not-so-Pear company do (or at least used to) and they use desc for a one sentence description, and ldes for the actual synopsis, just FYI :)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  3. sierra117

sierra117 Well-Known Member

that's straightforward to do but maybe i'm missing it in your answer .... if i open mp3tag and have several recently dl'd shows, all of them have "Comments" filled in and I just want to convert that tag to "Description" without losing the content of each tag ..... normally mp3tag reports "<keep>" when multiple values for a tag are present. Can see that if you highlight several files in mp3tag and do an "Extended Tags" right-click on them.

right now I am parsing thru them file by file by hitting the next arrow to manually change the type from Comment to Description.

And I need to also mention that Description might not be a native tag, it might have to be added to mp3Tag but afterwards it sticks with the app.