• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

zero269

I was looking at the list of current feature requests and did not see this one listed, and I didn't see any relevant posts when searching for "anystream 4k", so I've decided to post this to see where this topic stands.

Are their any plans to add 4K support? I'm curious as to how when 4K content is streaming normally, that AS is not able to "grab it" so to speak.

Just curious, thanks....

Great product by the way!:love:

please add 4k and 4k hdr support especially for amazon and netflix :)

Unfortunately, the missing 4K and HDR support is a dealbreaker for me.
Would definitely buy an "Anystream" license if 4K and HDR was supported.

you'll have a hard time finding any downloader (not screen recorder!) that can download and decrypt streaming provider streams.

Out of curiosity, if the streams were downloaded encrypted could something like AnyDVD HD be leveraged to somehow decrypt them or is the encryption mechanism for UHD streams completely different to that used on UHD discs? Apologies if this seems a silly question but I really have no idea what encryption mechanism(s) is(are) used by streaming services.

Fair question, but they're totally different. Each service can use a different approach, and discs are specifically designed for offline use.

Out of curiosity, if the streams were downloaded encrypted could something like AnyDVD HD be leveraged to somehow decrypt them or is the encryption mechanism for UHD streams completely different to that used on UHD discs? Apologies if this seems a silly question but I really have no idea what encryption mechanism(s) is(are) used by streaming services.

It would be possible since Netflix and Amazon apps allow downloading and playing offline hence the key is saved somewhere w/ the encrypted files. Figuring out how to do that is another story altogether.

Dont believe they allow downloading of the 4k UHD version do they?

Afaik Windows as a open source device is DRM Widevine limited to L3 which means max. 1080p and compressed 5.1 sound. To get 4k and more like L1 spec means that windows have to become closed system like the Android boxes have and that will never happen and allowed from Google.

Afaik Windows as a open source device is DRM Widevine limited to L3 which means max. 1080p and compressed 5.1 sound. To get 4k and more like L1 spec means that windows have to become closed system like the Android boxes have and that will never happen and allowed from Google.
Microsoft Edge Chromium based on PlayReady DRM allows 4k playback

Back