• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion AnyStream Download Limit Raised

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't understand. It's a stress test for the server infrastructure etc. if the raised traffic can be handled. Furthermore if this added traffic leads to more and higher frequency countermeasures by the providers.

What servers? Netflix and Disney+? Doesn't this app download movies and series from Redfox servers?

Do you need to test the server capacity to see if a few TCP packets will pass while the app verifies the license and download counts from the user account before starting the download?

To be honest, I don't even have a complaint about the 100 movies or episodes limit because it works perfectly for me, but I still don't understand what the bullshit is about server capability and user protection. Everyone has their own user account for these services and the service providers have no way of knowing what the user is doing even if the user vacuums the whole site of movies. They can guess that "Okay, this guy is downloading our video content", but they can't "invade" the user's machine through the browser and act like "Okay, this guy is using the Redfox app! Let's write a warning letter to Redfox!"

That explanation I gave above is the only one that makes me skeptical. Otherwise, the app and its functionality and usability is 10/10. For me, those limitations are fine.

No sarcasm
Yes it does.
Do you need to test the server capacity to see if a few TCP packets will pass while the app verifies the license and download counts from the user account before starting the download?

Otherwise wouldn't I point out whether you need to test the capacity of your servers to see if they can handle this "heavy load" of people downloading videos when your application only checks the license and the number of downloads.

It would be stupid as hell to do some so-called "external" tests to see if the servers of these providers can handle it. Of course they do. I think they have automatic scaling turned on. That's why I questioned these "theories", why Redfox is explaining something about protecting their users with restrictions. Those restrictions are in the application precisely to reduce the exploitation/abuse. I don't mean to offend anyone, but bullshit aside.

Yes it does.

Otherwise wouldn't I point out whether you need to test the capacity of your servers to see if they can handle this "heavy load" of people downloading videos when your application only checks the license and the number of downloads.
You don't understand how this works. But you don't need to. Just use it.

It would be stupid as hell to do some so-called "external" tests to see if the servers of these providers can handle it. Of course they do. I think they have automatic scaling turned on. That's why I questioned these "theories", why Redfox is explaining something about protecting their users with restrictions. Those restrictions are in the application precisely to reduce the exploitation/abuse. I don't mean to offend anyone, but bullshit aside.
You are entitled to your opinion even if it's wrong.;)
This thread has run its course, I will close it now.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back