• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anystream and Mkvtoolnix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I happen to know people that are hard of hearing that use those subtitles. What do you want me to do tell you who they are, I am not here to argue with you so why don't you let this go.
About time for me to get some sleep another interesting topic.
I don't know how you do your job with out pulling your hair out.:D

My point was that embedded subtitles aren't just for people who are hard of hearing. Nor was my goal to make you jittery. I am trying to make you realize that your answers aren't accurate enough for someone who is trying to provide software support. Do better. That's all.
If you do not like my posts, just pass them by, why don't you answer 0x0x0x0x0 s question.

Interesting. I stand corrected on that tidbit. Unlike Redfox1, I can admit when I'm wrong about something.
I would gladly admit when I am wrong, but in my first post about.mp4s, I said it was my opinion, and in my second post, I do know people that use those subs that are hard of hearing, maybe they are not the preferred sub, but they are used, I am going to ask you again, let this go, please.

I would gladly admit when I am wrong, but in my first post about about .mp4s, I said it was my opinion, and in my second post, I do nknow people that use those subs that are hard of hearing, maybe they are not the the prefered sub, but they arte used, IO am going to ask you again, let this go please.

Not once did I question whether or not you know people who are hard of hearing.

My point is that everyone uses subtitles for some files, whether they realize it or not. There are different types of subtitles for different use cases. Forced subs are for everyone, not just the hearing impaired. If I am watching a show in English, and a building with a Spanish sign appears on the screen, there is a high likelihood that a forced subtitle will translate that sign to English. Closed-Caption subtitles, also called "Descriptive" in AnyStream, are for those who are hard of hearing. Finally, just dialogue may be displayed in a third type of sub if the show or movie is originally in a foreign language.

Your original answer made it sound like only hearing impaired people had a need for subtitles. It lacked a lot of necessary information. The example I just gave is the type of answer you should be giving. It has a completeness to it and works to provide information that handles follow up questions that a user may have.

When I said "do better" this is what I was referring to. I have worked in technical support for 22 years now. I am speaking from experience.

Not once did I question whether or not you know people who are hard of hearing.

My point is that everyone uses subtitles for some files, whether they realize it or not. There are different types of subtitles for different use cases. Forced subs are for everyone, not just the hearing impaired. If I am watching a show in English, and a building with a Spanish sign appears on the screen, there is a high likelihood that a forced subtitle will translate that sign to English. Closed-Caption subtitles, also called "Descriptive" in AnyStream, are for those who are hard of hearing. Finally, just dialogue may be displayed in a third type of sub if the show or movie is originally in a foreign language.

Your original answer made it sound like only hearing impaired people had a need for subtitles. It lacked a lot of necessary information. The example I just gave is the type of answer you should be giving. It has a completeness to it and works to provide information that handles follow up questions that a user may have.

When I said "do better" this is what I was referring to. I have worked in technical support for 22 years now. I am speaking from experience.
I already said I don't want to argue with you, why are you continuing this nonsense. I don't care where you worked. This is way off-topic. We should really stop this, I have no idea whats your issue is but, I have asked you politely to let this go. I have no idea who you are but you seem to be argumentative. I am not interested in being that way. So please just stop.

Can you direct me to an appropriate location to discuss your support on these forums? I will gladly take my feedback there.
I dont what I have done to you, but whatever it is I don't know what your issue is. I have asked you to let this go, but you seem to want to argue with me, I don't want to respond to you anymore, you are not asking for support, if you can give better answers please do so. Good night.

Can you direct me to an appropriate location to discuss your support on these forums? I will gladly take my feedback there.
Redfox has been very nice and told you twice to please drop it but you are continuing this topic should be locked in my opinion.

Refox has been very nice and told you twice to please drop it but you are continuing this topic should be locked in my opinion.
I have no idea what horrible thing I have done to this member but give an answer, that was not even directed at him. I am stumped. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back