• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved AnyStream 1.7.0.0 (and earlier) crashing with Amazon Prime (AVC VCBR & CBR, & HEVC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyC

AnyStream 1.7.0.0 (and earlier - have tried a few earlier versions) has started, over the last couple of days (Dec 2023) crashing (i.e. just 'goes away') when downloading from Amazon Prime using AVC VCBR and CBR, HEVC seems to have worked for longer in my initial test (but then suffered the same result). Sometimes seems to work with the first item in a list, but then crashes starting the next.

So far investigation has included:
- AnyStream - current stable release (1.7.0.0) and a few older versions (back as far as 1.6.1.0) - same results.
- Different PC (Windows 10, and Windows 11) - same results.
- Amazon Prime is the one that seems to crash out with AVC VCBR & CBR, HEVC seems worked for a bit longer (i.e. got through a few in the list) before similarly crashing.
- Netflix list has continued to work (no other providers to try).
- Restarting AnyStream, and re-starting the previous queue usually results in the same, but have once received an exception error, and dumpfile created (now attached).

Log file & dump file from latest instance attached.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.7.0.0_Dump_20231209011930.astdmp
    8.4 MB · Views: 0
  • AnyStream_1.7.0.0_20231209-1225.astlog
    158.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Did you try the latest Beta?

Same result with 1.7.0.1-Beta. :(
Log file attached.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.7.0.1-Beta_20231209-1625.astlog
    163.8 KB · Views: 3
Yes, there seems to be some Anystream problems there. I reported a application error a month ago but I don't know if anyone has looked into it. For me it looks like it happens on several providers, but it is hard to draw any conclusions from the outside since the queue code is changing as well. A call stack can pinpoint the problem in minutes, but is not always helpful. That's why it is so important in my opinon to look at all crash files and try to draw conclusions from it, sometimes a specific dump file gives the last pieces of that puzzle to fix it.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anystream-1-6-8-0-crash-during-download.88793/

Further update, I've successfully downloaded everything (16 videos) that was in my 'test queue', but only by selecting each one individually, and downloading them all one by one (i.e. queue length of 1 each time).

This issue now seems to have been resolved with release of subsequent updates (1.7.1.0 and higher).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back