• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyStream 1.3.5.5 beta thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepSpace

Was surprised to see an update on sunday, but even more suprised when I read
1.3.5.5 2022-05-22
  • Fix: Paramount+ now supported for non-US accounts
I immediatley installed it and since I already tried to login it didn't asked for anything, just loaded the site!
I then added Strange New Worlds to the list (to try it because it only has three episodes yet) AND IT WORKS! Currently loading the first episode, almost done.

-I quickly skipped through the first ep, could not see cuttet audio.
-Yes, the video quality is great, as usual.
-Don't worry if you can't see any subs, unlike the other providers they are getting downloaded along the video and when AS is done the srt files are created. Can confirm the files are working!

Again, big thank you for making this possible! :bowdown:
And now, boldly go where no one has gone before and add some more! ;)

Oh one small thing I noticed:
When clicking on the season, AS needs a second to load. Discovery was at the top of the site after loading it first time, it took a second more since it has many episodes, when switching to season 4 it again took a second, the list was empty and I couldn't do anything till it was ready (good, so I do nothing wrong, but someone might think it is not responding).

When I then opened SNW, it took a (lesser?) second. I closed it because I forgot to pause the queue (I always add things before I download them), when I opened it again it popped up instantly. So it seems AS saved that data?

I think the cause is very simple: Since P+ is not supposed to be accessed from germany yet, there are no servers here. So the delay or the disctance between me and the server is high, causing AS to hang for a sec. So I don't consider this a bug, only something I noticed and I wil wait till P+ is available in germany (or till another beta is out) to conclude if this is AS or the providers fault.

While writing, the three episodes finished and all three are working! Thx!

Two other things I just noticed:
-When I search for Star Trek, it only gives me the three seasons that are available. (I don't know about TNG and so on, but the three seasons is also what I get when I created the account with VPN so maybe the other things are not available here yet).
But there are also two or three movies. It does not show them.
-As you can also see in the screenshot, the AS logo gets vanished again, as it was with NF when you used the search.

I will not download more right now since it would only block the internet for another download running, also I haven't tried to open or download a movie yet. But the other stuff will follow for sure and I will report back.

Attachments

• 2022-05-22_140936.png
    2022-05-22_140936.png
    383.2 KB · Views: 12
  • AnyStream_1.3.5.3 P+ after login, no UI.astlog
    46.1 KB · Views: 0
Oh one small thing I noticed:
When clicking on the season, AS needs a second to load. Discovery was at the top of the site after loading it first time, it took a second more since it has many episodes, when switching to season 4 it again took a second, the list was empty and I couldn't do anything till it was ready (good, so I do nothing wrong, but someone might think it is not responding).

When I then opened SNW, it took a (lesser?) second. I closed it because I forgot to pause the queue (I always add things before I download them), when I opened it again it popped up instantly. So it seems AS saved that data?

I think the cause is very simple: Since P+ is not supposed to be accessed from germany yet, there are no servers here. So the delay or the disctance between me and the server is high, causing AS to hang for a sec. So I don't consider this a bug, only something I noticed and I wil wait till P+ is available in germany (or till another beta is out) to conclude if this is AS or the providers fault.

While writing, the three episodes finished and all three are working! Thx!
I'm glad that it's working for you.

Once I take care of some other bills in a month or so, I think I'll try out P+, since I need some more Star Trek stuff to backup besides TOS and TNG.

Star Trek is the main reason I am looking forward to get P+ in germany. They had TNG and TOS as well as TAS at NF, it was good quality (HD, the remastered stuff), but now it is vanished. Also, DS9 and Voyager was only visual crap. I am not talking about SD, I am talking about literal crap. Of course I know they did not get a remaster but that just made my eyes bleed. I mean even TOS looks good (and I am a HD person) besides being that old already. The point is it even looks better than DS9 and Voy with being OLDER than they are.
Also Strange New Worlds, Prodigy and Discovery season 4 is not available in germany at all... why? I have another franchise that I like, it's episodes and movies needs month to come to us.

Ok, that aside, are you inside the US? Because right know I can only see three seasons and two or three movies. So I don't know exactly what they offer, maybe they only offer the full Star Trek experience inside the US and they are still expanding everything, so even when they are in germany it might take time till they offer everything here as well?

NF still has a lot of the old Star Trek series until their license runs out, it's too expensive for paramount to buy back the license from NF so they just let it run out, and then add them to P+ later

For anyone who is a Star Trek The Next Generation fan, they sell that whole series on Blu-Ray still. It's expensive but it's good quality. The other Trek's from that time period are only on DVD so AS is still a good bet for those.

Ok I thought eveything is already gone from NF but maybe that depends on region again (all that is so stupid...), so they have to wait till every license is gone till they can add it at P+ itself.

Maybe the license bull* is also the reason why I can't see DS9 on Prime anymore (DVD yes, but Stream no). VOY is still there, but... more than expensive. I won't even consider buying it as long as I don't know how the quality is. Yes, SD as well but maybe they have a slightly higher res or bitrate than NF had (Amz is better in general I think), resulting in a better video quality.

TNG DS9 Enterprise and The Original Series are still on NF in Scandinavia. Thats why i think P+ really hasn't been planned just more of a way to get more money :D

Screenshot-1.png

For anyone who is a Star Trek The Next Generation fan, they sell that whole series on Blu-Ray still. It's expensive but it's good quality. The other Trek's from that time period are only on DVD so AS is still a good bet for those.
I know that but for me there is no reason to buy it (yet). Maybe when I am going to watch all seasons of TNG, VOY etc again (I never truly watched everything, only some episodes in TV, then NF, as a kid I didn't even knew that there were different seasons... Of course I know that Picard is different to VOY but I didn't knew that there are seasons), then I might buy the BD set. But for now I have everything from NF thanks to AS so I can check or watch things from there when I want. It even is the remastered version, 1440x1080, so even though NF has a bad filesize the quality is no reason for me to buy the BD (yet, I will buy it but right now I just don't need it. I don't even have enough space to store it physically. Digital no problem of course, I could spare some TB).

But enough of me talking, I don't want to get this thread locked as the other one got.

TNG DS9 Enterprise and The Original Series are still on NF in Scandinavia
but maybe that depends on region again
Ok so it is just as I thought. I just checked NF, nothing pops up for Star Trek.
And Picard is still on Amz, it never was on NF. That might be the reason why DSC season 4 did not arrive in germany yet, because the already plannet to expand P+, so they didn't even intend to give someone the rights.

As a user from Latin America, it is nice to know that the anystream beta has fixed paramount+. I want to leave a small bug that I found. There is a lot of separation in the paramount categories. In the video it is shown:

DS9 in every provider I have is not better than 768X576, and that's on every other program also that's our competitors. It doesn't matter if it's .mkv or .mp4, that's the best you are going to get. If you want proof pm me.

As a user from Latin America, it is nice to know that the anystream beta has fixed paramount+. I want to leave a small bug that I found. There is a lot of separation in the paramount categories. In the video it is shown:
What does separation between the categories mean? Are you talking about a GUI issue? Cosmetic? Please show a screenshot if that is the case.

It seems like it does't find the Star Trek movies on P+ (Scandinavia)
Screenshot-1.png

Last edited:
DS9 in every provider I have is not better than 768X576, and that's on every other program also that's our competitors. It doesn't matter if it's .mkv or .mp4, that's the best you are going to get. If you want proof pm me.

Every provider I have seen DS9 on was the res you mentioned. So I can corroborate that statement personally. I think I have seen it on 3 of them in total. It was never remastered like TNG was.

Every provider I have seen DS9 on was the res you mentioned. So I can corroborate that statement personally. I think I have seen it on 3 of them in total. It was never remastered like TNG was.
Correct. I even tried it on competitors' programs and got the same res, it was never remastered like DQ said.

Also, every region that has Paramount+, has different results, because other providers in those regions have the same content so they try to have different offerings in different regions. Nothing we can do about that.

Sí. Es un problema de GUI. Aqui estan las fotos

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2022-05-22 113310.png
    Captura de pantalla 2022-05-22 113310.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Captura de pantalla 2022-05-22 113358.png
    Captura de pantalla 2022-05-22 113358.png
    505.5 KB · Views: 8
If you want to know more about why DS9 is not remastered there are tons of recent articles on Reddit and other media sources that will explain it.
Just Google DS9 remastered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back