• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyStream 1.3.1.0 (64 bit) Won't Download Hulu

Link13

In trying to download from Hulu, the following error occurs.

"Couldn't retrieve playlist. The title may not be available or requires payment. Check the log for details".

Error.png

Membership is current, and the title trying to download can be streamed from a smart TV, computer, and phone; in other words the title is available. In checking the log, the following is found:

00:37:58.473 - [Error] SSL error, trying to ignore: The issuer certificate of a locally looked up certificate could not be found

00:37:58.474 - [Error] [hulu] Error receiving: 6 (0) SSL handshake failed,

00:37:58.474 - [Error] [hulu]

00:37:58.475 - [Error] [hulu] Couldn't retrieve MPD content

Attachments

• Log.png
    Log.png
    111 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
You shouldn't be posting full http addresses. You're actively attracting streaming provider attention to this board and AnyStream that way. You need to code those links and post an actual logfile. Screenshots are useless for troubleshooting purposes like this one.

From now on just a proper log file will do , what you posted is of no help, thank you for trying, can you just five me the title and what type of subscription you have?

MPD files denote the media presentation description. It is a manifest file for MPEG DASH streaming. These manifest files contain various information and parameters for video streaming. these parameters and information is a codec, ABR and resolution of the video. There are many more things that a manifest file has. Your post says the SSL handshake cannot be completed, which tells me something on your computer is blocking the file creation.

MPD files denote the media presentation description. It is a manifest file for MPEG DASH streaming. These manifest files contain various information and parameters for video streaming. these parameters and information is a codec, ABR and resolution of the video. There are many more things that a manifest file has. Your post says the SSL handshake cannot be completed, which tells me something on your computer is blocking the file creation.

Interesting for it to say "SSL cannot be completed." I'm able to save video from Netflix and Disney+. So, not sure why Hulu would be blocked.

From now on just a proper log file will do , what you posted is of no help, thank you for trying, can you just five me the title and what type of subscription you have?

Understood. No more web links. My apologies. Log file is attached.

I didn't notice another forum about "movies greyed out." I did notice a "workaround" in the forum. I tried it and that does not work either.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.3.1.0.astlog
    4.2 MB · Views: 4
Understood. No more web links. Log file is attached.
Now we are talking. Thank you so much, I will immediately get this to the devs. something is blocking your SSL handshake and maybe they can see what it is. Have you tried the other providers? Maybe a VPN you are using?

*****Adding two messages here to consolidate to one thread.*****

From now on just a proper log file will do , what you posted is of no help, thank you for trying, can you just give me the title and what type of subscription you have?

Where you said "give me the title..." threw me off. So I ignored this. I understand now.

Titles attempted: "Ancient Aliens" Season 1, Episode 1 AND Season 14, Episode 1
"Deadpool 2" using the "workaround" from a different forum.
Subscription: Hulu Base Plan (no ads)

Now we are talking. Thank you so much, I will immediately get this to the devs. something is blocking your SSL handshake and maybe they can see what it is. Have you tried the other providers? Maybe a VPN you are using?

When you say "other providers," are you referring to the other services AnyStream can access, such as Netflix and Disney+? If so, yes, I have tried those two, and everything is working fine. Additionally, I'm not using a VPN. I don't have any virus protection other than what came with my Microsoft Surface Pro 8, Windows 11 OS, which I've had for no more than a month now. Point of that is, I haven't added much to the computer, have not changed many of the settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
AA Season 1 Ep 1.png AA Season.png Ancient aliens.png Saeson 1 ep 1.png No issues.png AA Season 1 Ep 1.png AA Season.png Ancient aliens.png Saeson 1 ep 1.png No issues.png I am so sorry I mixed you up, I made a typo when I typed "five me on a title" I meant give me a title LOL: my error, I am sorry.
and yes I was asking if you had any issue with the other providers, ie, Disney Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc. I was trying to see if this was a Hulu issue or it affected all the providers. So let me try the titles you gave me and I will post back. Thanks for your input, its important to report all issues, so we can get to them asap. Okay I am back: I am sorry to say I had no issue with any of these films.

Last edited:
What is the title? I'll give it a try for comparison (if you like)
Titles are listed above with a reply to Firefox 1.( Firefox1 is my sister I am Redfox 1);)

Last edited by a moderator:

For RedFox 1:
Have you heard anything from the developers? You mentioned having a meeting with them.

In the mean time, can we insert the largest possible face palm emoji.................................... here?

I came back the next day, having shut down my computer. I turned it on, opened the AnyStream program, and tried downloading from Hulu...... really no apparent reason but curiosity. Of course, Murphy's Law, it worked like there was/is no issue.

So, all is well, and the program is working just fine. This includes the titles I listed above that I couldn't previously download. (insert long sigh emoji)

Thank you.

Link13, you get 640 kbps DD+ 5.1 in Hulu? Wow. You are lucky. I can only get 68 - 79 kbps stereo.

Different subscriptions different quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Different subscriptions different quality

I don't think that's it. I can play in 5.1 on other devices with my subscription just fine. It is only in AS where I am only presented with the stereo option.

I'm curious, @Link13 - is your screenshot a Hulu title? Which package do you have?

I don't believe it is the subscription either. I have the highest tier and can play all Hulu stuff on my TV at 5.1 surround. When AS came out originally I could get better sound quality. I am patiently waiting, and with each new version, I cross my fingers that it is fixed.

Back