AnyStream 1.0.4.0 32-bit crashes on launch

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by Cybernut, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Cybernut

Cybernut Member

I was waiting for the NF login issue to be fixed. Now that the release notes stated it has been, I installed the 32-bit version on my Win 7 x64 as a trial version (still have 11 days left on AnyStream trial and have not been able to so far do a single download - I am not so concerned about Prime since no one seems to have issues with it so I didn't bother testing it but I have tried and reported on this forum before about my Netflix login issues - that's the one I'd like to get to work a few times before my trial expires soon).

I uninstalled the previous version before installing 1.0.4.0 but as soon as I OK'd the configs at launch, the program crashed. Then I tried to re-launch and it crashed giving the same message right away. Please see the attached dump file.

Attached Files:

2. Cybernut

Cybernut Member

I realized my notes in the first post left out one key detail of when the crash happens.

It crashes when I pick Netflix. Basically a window pops open but immediately after a dialog box pops up saying the program crashed and a dump file has been created. That's the dump file I provided above. I usually provide zipped logfile to help with debugging but since I can't even get the program to run to generate the logfile, the dump file is all I can provide for your debugging.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  3. Cybernut

Cybernut Member

Not sure if the developers missed this thread, so tagging @Prospere

4. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

Could you please try to set an environment variable:

QT_OPENGL=software

(control panel, system, advanced...)

then try again?

5. Cybernut

Cybernut Member

I setup a system environment variable as asked. Still crashed. Dump file attached.

Attached Files:

6. Cybernut

Cybernut Member

7. Pete

Thanks, checking...

8. Pete

OK, thank you for that. Cause identified, the fix will be in the next release (or beta)

whatever_gong82 and Aeneas72 like this.