• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anyone try the DVDFab Media Player?

Are you sure these were Java menus?

It worked with 'Pirates of the Caribbean (2)' and '21' (Both I believe are Java?)
Is there a way to tell is a disc contains Java menus?

It certainly played HDMV menus, including AnyDVD speedmenus. There was a little trick, IIRC you had to manually open index.bdmv, "play disc" indeed didn't work.

How do I navigate to index.bdmv on the disc from XBMC menu?
Edit - I got to it through Videos-Files-D:-index.bdmv and the Speedmenu do indeed show up, is that the only way to play the menu from the disc?

Last edited:
Just want to confirm that when I look in the "DVDFab Media Player" files in Program Files, there are loads of files that reference XBMC, so DVDFab definitely took the XBMC Source and changed it and now repackaging it as their own player, the improvements they have made have not been added back to the XBMC source, which I believe was the whole point of Open Source.

Edit - There is even an XBMC logo in there :D

Just want to confirm that when I look in the "DVDFab Media Player" files in Program Files, there are loads of files that reference XBMC, so DVDFab definitely took the XBMC Source and changed it and now repackaging it as their own player, the improvements they have made have not been added back to the XBMC source, which I believe was the whole point of Open Source.

Maybe the code will find its way back to XBMC. But maybe the concept of GPL isn't well understood in China. ;)

Claiming on a website that something works doesn't mean, that it really does. :D

(I'm joking, I have no idea if it works or not.)
It might not be that much of a joke. The way that claim is written, it could very easily mean BD3D discs play in 2D; *any* unlicensed player can do that, and with the proper AnyDVD HD feature even licensed players can.

With Frodo reaching RC 1 this week, IMO there's not much reason to try this. IIRC, DVDFab forked from pre-Frodo alpha code shortly after both HDMV menus and HD audio were added; odds are Frodo RC 1 handles them better than this.

That source code does not represent the latest build, its from back in February when they first started.

With Frodo reaching RC 1 this week, IMO there's not much reason to try this. IIRC, DVDFab forked from pre-Frodo alpha code shortly after both HDMV menus and HD audio were added; odds are Frodo RC 1 handles them better than this.

DVDFab surprisingly have improved menu support quite a bit over Frodo RC1, in my testing its quite a big improvement.

I just tested the latest version (Pro 3.2.0.0)

I was surprised that it played successfully 4K BD Rips with menus, @ 23,98 Hz, HDR and 2020 color space.

Tried with an Intel 7700K but not with the onboard VGA but the Nvidia 1060!

Only thing didn't tested yet is Cinavia (though it should be no problem - according to specs)

Last edited:
I just tested the latest version (Pro 3.2.0.0)

I was surprised that it played successfully 4K BD Rips with menus, @ 23,98 Hz, HDR and 2020 color space.

Tried with an Intel 7700K but not with the onboard VGA but the Nvidia 1060!

Only thing didn't tested yet is Cinavia (though it should be no problem - according to specs)

It passes everything, But I still don't like it. Even though I got the registered version free since day one.Snap1.jpg

Back