• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anyone try the DVDFab Media Player?

mkanet

I dont know much about it; but, supposedly it plays all 2D/3D BDs with or without menu support and doesnt have Cinavia protection. From what I understand, it even has BD copy protection removal builtin.

Knowing Fengtao, I'd steer clear of their stuff, since they tend to use code from other people's products (ie, rip other peoples code off), including the people that run this very site we are commenting on, Slysoft.

Buying something like JRiver's Media Center would be the better idea, IMHO.

If you want something free, try VLC's Media Player.

I've tried it on my test setup with a handful of unprotected 2D BD ISO rips.
I only tried the 'Full navigation menu' which is very buggy, half the time it would randomly lock up, or the menu would be slow and clunky and it took a while to load some of the files and some it never loaded.
When it worked it was pretty good, I would not recommend it at all though, it feels like it needs a lot more work yet.
It's as if they released it without actually trying it properly :doh:

I dont know much about it; but, supposedly it plays all 2D/3D BDs with or without menu support and doesnt have Cinavia protection. From what I understand, it even has BD copy protection removal builtin.
I think there's a free trial period with it.
Why not try it out to see if it meets your needs?

I think there's a free trial period with it.
Why not try it out to see if it meets your needs?

Its free for unencrypted BD ISO/Folder playback, and you get a 30 day trial for the Disc playback feature.

From what I can remember it's based on XBMC with their own front end

I tried it, it stinks. Bloated, buggy, poor playback. 30 minute trial was 5 hours of system stability problems. Impossible to uninstall cleanly, required a total system partition restore. A lot of code stolen from other sources.

Other than the above, I'd recommend it. Yeah, right. Stay away from anything "Fab".

I tried the trial version on my test PC. It played back a couple of BD's I had without any issues. I wonder how they're able to get away with not enforcing Cinavia?

Simple. It's not an aacs la licensed player. Only officially aacs la licensed players need to enforce cinavia.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

Maybe it is, but XBMC doesn't have Full Blu-ray menu support does it?
XBMX "Frodo" (beta) has. If you have AnyDVD HD, this is IMHO the better option.

XBMX "Frodo" (beta) has. If you have AnyDVD HD, this is IMHO the better option.

It has support for BD-Java menus?
I know they added HDMV menu support, but didn't realize all BD menus were now supported, is this in Beta 3?
Might have to try it out.

Does XBMX "Frodo" (beta) even have 3D bluray support? I know that DVDFab Media Player does.

It has support for BD-Java menus?

No. But I doubt "DVDFab Media Player" has.

EDIT: Not such a big deal nowadays thanks to AnyDVD speedmenus.

Last edited:
No. But I doubt "DVDFab Media Player" has.

EDIT: Not such a big deal nowadays thanks to AnyDVD speedmenus.

It did load some of the Java menus that I tried.
Speedmenus are great for Main Movie selection but IMO are not a replacement for the real menu if you want to browse all the features.

I tried Frodo Beta 3 and I could not get any menus to work properly (Even the ones that worked in DVDFab wouldn't load)
I also couldn't get it to load speedmenus either.

Does XBMX "Frodo" (beta) even have 3D bluray support? I know that DVDFab Media Player does.

"DVDFab Media Player" does not support 3D BD

TMT/PowerDVD are the only real options for 3D and Menu's at the moment, DVDFab/XBMC don't even come close.

Last edited:
Not that I really care much about DVDFab Media player; but it does appear to support 3D bluray movies; whereas XMBC doesn't.

"It not only plays Blu-ray discs & DVD folders and and other video files in all formats, but also plays Blu-ray folders & DVD folders, ISO image files, both 2D or 3D"

"DVDFab Media Player" does not support 3D BD

TMT/PowerDVD are the only real options for 3D and Menu's at the moment, DVDFab/XBMC don't even come close.

It did load some of the Java menus that I tried.
Are you sure these were Java menus?

I tried Frodo Beta 3 and I could not get any menus to work properly (Even the ones that worked in DVDFab wouldn't load)
I also couldn't get it to load speedmenus either.
It certainly played HDMV menus, including AnyDVD speedmenus. There was a little trick, IIRC you had to manually open index.bdmv, "play disc" indeed didn't work.

Not that I really care much about DVDFab Media player; but it does appear to support 3D bluray movies; whereas XMBC doesn't.

"It not only plays Blu-ray discs & DVD folders and and other video files in all formats, but also plays Blu-ray folders & DVD folders, ISO image files, both 2D or 3D"

Claiming on a website that something works doesn't mean, that it really does. :D

(I'm joking, I have no idea if it works or not.)

Have you tried 3D? According to DVDFab 3D is not yet supported and will be an upcoming feature -
"renewal fee covers all the upcoming new features, like 3D playback, and all the major upgrades."

Back