• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anyone tried "Perfume: The story of a murderer" (Blu-Ray) yet?

nosurrender

Hello guys!

First of all thank you very much for developing AnyDVD HD and keeping it up to date. This program already helped me out so many times in the past.

Unfortunately now I see myself confronted with a problem which I haven't read about in this forum so far.
I have version 6.2.0.2 installed on my HTPC and when I insert the disc into my drive, AnyDVD HD starts to read but the following message appears:

"AnyDVD requires to update a critical component to decrypt the disc "PARFUM"
If you do not download the update, decryption will stop"

Since my HTPC is not connected to the internet for reasons of safety and speed, I cannot start the download. Despite from that, I cannot imagine any possible update because my version of AnyDVD is up to date.

In the Status-window, the following information is given:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.2.0.2)
PIONEER BD-ROMBDC-202 1.01 07/05/15PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0(not set!)

Media is a Blue-Ray disc.
Total size: 19264576 sectors (37626 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: PARFUM
Media is AACS protected!
Problem connecting to AnyDVD update server!
ERROR processing Blu-Ray disc!

Hopefully somebody already had the same problem and found a way to solve it.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,

nosurrender

I personally don't have HD capability yet but I think the message you are receiving is because your disc might be BD+ in which case Slysoft wants the contact to give the proper coding to allow play.

You need to allow Anydvd to connect to the internet

Also . . .

a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your "My Documents" folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

Last edited:
Thank you for your answers so far!
As you can see I attached the zip file now but I still have one question left.

Is there no other way to solve my problem without connecting the HTPC to the internet? I don't want to decrease its performance by installing an antivirus-software in order to protect it.

Moreover "Die Hard 4.0", which I think is a BD+ title, too, worked out fine without any connection to the internet.

Thanks again!

Regards,

nosurrender

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_PARFUM.zip
    19.4 KB · Views: 6
Thank you for your answers so far!
As you can see I attached the zip file now but I still have one question left.

Is there no other way to solve my problem without connecting the HTPC to the internet? I don't want to decrease its performance by installing an antivirus-software in order to protect it.

Moreover "Die Hard 4.0", which I think is a BD+ title, too, worked out fine without any connection to the internet.

Thanks again!

Regards,

nosurrender

You can either resolve your issue by connecting to the internet--or you can wait for the next Anydvd update.

Alright, thanks for the quick answer. Since I know how fast you guys are with updating AnyDVD, it will be no problem for me to wait a bit...

Regards,

nosurrender

Alright, thanks for the quick answer. Since I know how fast you guys are with updating AnyDVD, it will be no problem for me to wait a bit...

Check the forums frequently for beta updates.

By the way, I do not work for nor am I associated with Slysoft.

Once again I tried to rip the movie, but still it doesn't work (using 6.3.1.5). This time the problem is different compared to the one I posted in the very begining of this thread.
AnyDVD tells me the copy protection has been removed and I can also watch the movie without problems.
But everytime I try to rip it the speed starts to fall at about 20% until finally an error message appears at 22%.
Neither is the disc scratched, nor is it dirty.
Has anybody got a clue, how I can solve this problem?

Regards,

nosurrender

Thanks for your reply.
The mirrors given in the link all offer version 2.4.0.0 while the text says that an older version is needed.
Do you know whether version 2.4.0.0 will work, too?

I just tried version 2.3.2.0 but without success. Like AnyDVD, ImgBurn also can't rip more then 22%.
Any more ideas?

Regards,

nosurrender

Last edited:
If you followed the guide on that link and it still does it even without Anydvd HD running then it's more likely that it's either the disc or the drive at fault

Back