• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anyone Need to Attend AA Meetings?

for those 10 minutes or less I'm free

Gregg, you forgot to answer YES. You are a prime example of someone who needs to attend an AA Meeting! (y):ROFLMAO:

"AnyStream Anonymous" for anyone that missed it... or will miss it. ;)

I've had a lot of problems with the muxing produced by anystream having glitchy playback with plex, mostly the amazon provider. On a server that has no problems with 100+mbps UHD streams. Passing the content through mkvmerge fixes the problem.

I had issues when I was playing them as mp4, which really shouldn't happen. But when I used mkvtoolnix to convert to a MKV with internal instead of external srt subtitles, I had zero problems. I have no idea why the mp4 was glitchy since, as I said, it really should not be. I'm using a nVidia shield so really no clue where the issue was, and since the mkv solution seems to fix it, I didn't care enough to look for it.

Unfortunately I singed on to Netflix for one month. Problem is, none of the content from Netflix streams well from my qnap. About every 12 minutes the picture freezes for like two minutes then starts playing again. The stuff from Amazon on the same drives no problem. Good thing that download limit kicked end, saved me from having hundreds and hundreds of bad palying content. So I will go back to my sd television series of the 60's, 70's, and 80's from Amazon. As someone else mentioned that 540 is not bad at all, so Dallas and Charlie's Angels, here I come.

Charlie's Angels is on Blu-ray and Dallas is available on DVD. I remuxed both series for Plex. That Charlie's Angels looks wonderful in 1080p.

I've had a lot of problems with the muxing produced by anystream having glitchy playback with plex, mostly the amazon provider. On a server that has no problems with 100+mbps UHD streams. Passing the content through mkvmerge fixes the problem.

I always use MKVtoolnix because I hate MP4 containers.. You always be better off converting them to MKV.

Do you have subtitles embedded?
Try without subtitles...

I just found something else to do. Not a problem at all. Get an actual productive hobby, like playing music or writing, and issues like these aren't even a blip on the radar. It's far more satisfying. Haven't even been watching the movies I've already got anyways.

Moving this to general chat, as it has very little actual relevance to AnyStream

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

With the addition of Hulu in beta v1153 released just 3 days ago, I would suspect that the need for AA Meetings will be expanded within our AS community…? :cool:

Animaniacs, here I come! (y)

Are you streaming through Plex from your Qnap? If so, I had a similar problem until I set the plex settings on my firestick to 2.1 stereo rather than the 6.1 default.
Okay I found a solution to my problem, but not the reason it is happening. In case someone else is having this problem, and I know there are, here is my solution.

I have a TR 004 connected to a Qnap TS 451+. I had the TR 004 before the TS 451+, so it was already setup with two raid one groups. As stated in the title, after a while both iso’s and mp4’s would not play without freezing due to the drives going in and out of standby mode.

I found a solution, but I have no idea why it works. I plugged the TR 004 into the usb 2.0 port instead of the usb 3.0 port on the 451+, with an added precaution of using a short usb 2.0 cable extension. The TR 004 comes with a 3.0 usb c for connections. I can only assume when I first setup everything that I had the TR 004 connected to the usb 2.0 port on the 451+. Later on I must have switched it to make room for some other connections, obviously unaware that the TR 004 and the 451+ do not play well over high speed usb connections. My bad.

Back