• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anyone having issues copying The Black Dahlia ??

jseivers

I have updated to 6.1.7.4 and receiving error "unable to read".

Sorry, got a little ahead of myself there. Stupid newbies !!!
Running AnyDVD 6.1.7.4 and Clone DVD 2.9.1.2
Region - 1
The Black Dahlia (2006)
DVD Writer - Optiarc (NEC) AD-7170A

AnyDVD is throwing the error after trying to read:

"unable to read, check to make sure disk is clean, etc."
Possible reason may be..............

I am a newbie to the forums, but pretty experienced to using AnyDVD.

I did read the FAQ's. The disc is fine. Shiny and unscratched as can be. I have burned over 400 discs using this software and this is the first that could not copy.

Right click the AnyDVD icon and close AnyDVD. Make sure AnyDVD is NOT running (the little red fox icon no longer appears in the system tray in the lower right corner of your screen).

Now, with AnyDVD NOT running, can you play the DVD on your computer with DVD Player software (VLC Player, PowerDVD, Windows Media Player, etc.)?

Alternatively, download CD-DVD Speed (freeware) and run a scan, again, WITHOUT AnyDVD running: click the "Scan Disc" tab and click the "Start" button. Do you get an "all green" result?

@ jseivers,

Did you in fact run Nero CD-DVD Speed (http://www.cdspeed2000.com/files/NeroCDSpeed_4773.zip) ScanDisc on the suspect The Black Dahlia Commercial DVD Movie disk as per item #13b of the referenced Forum link in my #4 posting?

If so what was the results of the Nero CD-DVD Speed SanDisc surface scan? How many yellow or red sectors were discovered in the Nero CD-DVD Speed ScanDisc surface scan?

Regards,
Coaster

Unless some of the new fixes did something, it should work fine, I copied the Black Dahlia quite awhile back, not sure of the version but it was a week or so after release of the DVD. You may have a defective DVD.

mirrored black dahlia with older version,no problem. but i have run into problems with orig. discs being bad and unreadable but playable

I did read the FAQ's. The disc is fine. Shiny and unscratched as can be. I have burned over 400 discs using this software and this is the first that could not copy.

The appearance of a disc does not mean that is it without flaws. If no other discs are giving you problems, with that DVDRW, I would get another copy.

I just finished copying "Black Dahlia" and it copied just fine using AnyDVD/CloneDVD.

Black Dahlia, Region 1

I backed up Black Dahlia region 1 a while back and there were no problems at all doing it. I have bought more "bad presses" lately than I have ever seen. (2 or 3)
Return it to the store & get another. If you have your receipt you should not have a problem.:disagree:

Back