• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anyone else have trouble ripping Surrogates?

seisner

Using version 6.6.0.9 Says that it failed to read dvd. Any ideas? The disc doesn't look scratched or dirty.

A disc doesn't have to look scratched or dirty to be damaged. Alot of times the discs that are pressed come with errors which in turn has to be replaced with another one wherever you purchased your copy at.I was successful in backing up my copy using AnyDvd 6.6.09 and the latest version as well 6.6.1.5 I would say try the latest version and see if that helps and if it doesn't help then you might have a badly pressed disc.

Surrogates

I'm having issues with my copy as well. The rip went fine but when I went to open, it hangs up, I have to skip chapters to start then back up to get back to the beginning. This happened on 3 copies.

yep me too

Gosh i've been waiting on some one 2 post something, about this movie. I've been having problems as well. Still cannot figure it out~ I thought i was the only 1.:bang:

For those having trouble... maybe just some patience? I came here because it didn't SEEM like it was going to work. It chugged away for about 10 minutes saying it was scanning the disc where that usually takes 3 to 10 seconds max. I had a message all typed out saying, "yeah, it doesn't work" but I wanted to wait until I got an actual failed error... eventually though, the tray icon turned solid and I was able to rip away.

Note: it also took a long time to rip. Maybe 2x the normal (though I wasn't exactly using a stopwatch). It seemed to get stuck at around 60% and again at around 80 to 85% where the drive spun down to what seemed like a stop for at least a minute. But I just waited it out, and in the end all was good.

My point: patience.

Where's the Log Files?

AnyDVD may have a problem with the movie or it may not. Until someone actually bothers to read the stickies at the top about posting information so someone can actually see if there is a problem, anything else is strictly speculative.

surrogates

ok i am pasting what it's saying on my dis. i sure hope some 1 can help the 2 oSummary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.6.1.5)
HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4165B DG01 01070405FB3533172A
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1843712 sectors (3601 MBytes)
Total size: 3129008 sectors (6111 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: SRR-0N-NW1.2_DES
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!

Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 22 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!f us out. B cause i do have patience, but nned help a.s.a.p.

I am thinking bad discs again. I did this already once I think but just to be sure I'll do it again.

Okay done there is no issue ripping this title with anydvd. Log attached.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.6.1.5)
TSSTCORP CDDVDW SH-S243N SB00 0915
Drive (Hardware) Region: free

Media is a DVD.

Media is CSS protected!

UDF filesystem patched!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.1.5_Info_E_SRR-0N-NW1.2_DES.zip
    583.8 KB · Views: 10
again

i am quite new with posting. It was reading the dvd, and i waited about 3 hours. Not exagerrating either. I ususally don't have many prob. Anyways i don't know what 2 do . I seen your download, or your att. files, and downloaded it. Is there any way i can put that on a dvd, and have the movie? I'm sorry i know i have prov. made alot of mistakes, but like i said i just started posting in the forums. Hope 2 hear back soon. Gaylon:mad:

is it just me???

I've checked my region, and it's alll good. The DVD is fine. Actually this is the 4th dic i have gotten of Surrogates. When i can't get a dis 2 record it drive me nuts~. lol! Anyways back 2 the prob. At 1 time it was trying 2 rip it, i thought, but it actually wasn't doing anything, but playing, wih me. Now this disc is doing what the other Surrogate movie did it's skipping bad sector, for seems like for ever. I allready pasted what it said on my disc. on Page 1. I'm not sure what else 2 do. I'm allmost ready 2 throw in the towell. I've never had this many prob. with a disc. It seems like every 1 else has no prob. with it. If some one can please help me soon. I would greatly app. it. I don't understand some of the things that get posted here sooo please take it slow with me. :confused:

I've checked my region, and it's alll good. The DVD is fine. Actually this is the 4th dic i have gotten of Surrogates. When i can't get a dis 2 record it drive me nuts~. lol! Anyways back 2 the prob. At 1 time it was trying 2 rip it, i thought, but it actually wasn't doing anything, but playing, wih me. Now this disc is doing what the other Surrogate movie did it's skipping bad sector, for seems like for ever. I allready pasted what it said on my disc. on Page 1. I'm not sure what else 2 do. I'm allmost ready 2 throw in the towell. I've never had this many prob. with a disc. It seems like every 1 else has no prob. with it. If some one can please help me soon. I would greatly app. it. I don't understand some of the things that get posted here sooo please take it slow with me. :confused:
Are you using CloneDVD2 to burn the disc? Are you using the latest beta of AnyDVD to decrypt the disc, if you are using both of these programs you should have problem, like most on the forum, if there was a problem with the Region 1 copy of this movie this board would be lighting up like a pinball machine. Have you posted an AnyDVD log file yet?

surrogates

I am using 1 click dvd with anydvd also i have dvd regioncss. This is what i get off of my disc. Also i have Nero.
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.6.1.5)
HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4165B DG01 01070405FB3533172A
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.

Media is CSS protected!

UDF filesystem patched!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

surrogates

sorry i didn't answer all your questions i am using 6615 slyfox. Never had any prob. with any movie, until this one came out.:bang::confused::(

I made the movie with AnyDVD 6.6.1.5 and latest CloneDVD without problem

sorry i didn't answer all your questions i am using 6615 slyfox. Never had any prob. with any movie, until this one came out.:bang::confused::(

You've made six posts in this thread, and have yet to post a log file. Until you do that, no one is going to be able to help you.

Back