AnyHDDVD and USB Pen Drives Problem - it thinks their DVD drives

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by Anthony1uk, May 17, 2010.

1. Anthony1uk

Anthony1uk Well-Known Member

Hi,

I was hoping the Slysoft guys can fix this as it is annoying the heck out of me.

Recently one of the AnyHDDVD updates (believe one in around February or maybe March) seems to have caused problems with my USB pen drives.

For some reason they are now being detected as DVD Drives, and inserting the USB pen drive brings up the popup message that AnyDVD is scanning the drive.

This never completes as it is not a DVD drive and thus freezes up my entire system, crashes windows explorer until I pull out the USB pen drive (I have left it for 20 minutes one time hoping the scan would complete; it never does).

I have to go to my taskbar and manually disable AnyDVD to use my Pen Drives.

It is happening on two Pen drives, my Sandisk Cruzer 8GB and my Corsair Voyager 4GB.

I did not complain or post about it at the time as I assumed the Slysoft guys are so much on the ball it would quicky be fixed after others complained about it.

I am using 6.6.4.2 today and the problem occurred today, and it was a right annoyance this freezing my system..

I have done a search and came across this very old thread

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=540

And in particular this post

I am guessing one of the recent 2010 AnyHDDVD updates has somehow broken this previous fix for it from 2007 as I never had this problem in 2008 or 2009 with the same pen drives.

Can you please put this fix back so it does not occur.

2. Racem22

Racem22 Well-Known Member

What I would do is just untick the box "Autostart" in AnyDVD so then it doesn't start up when Windows does. Then when you need to use it, just open it.