• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

anydvdtray and Zonealarm problem with Windows 7

samlar

hope this is plain enough

I have the latest bata installed along with windows 7. I notice something today that I had not seen before. I have autostart unchecked and check for updates unchecked.

I was going form 6.6.0.4 to 6.6.0.5 when it stopped on Anydialog.dll I checked and I did not have the icon in the taskbar. I then went to task manager and found that even though I had exited it by right clicking the icon and then exit, that the anydvdtray.exe was still running. I stopped the anydvdtray.exe and was able to load the new bata. I then did some test going all the way bad to 6.6.0.0 and no matter which version I had running exiting the program by right clicking the icon in the lower right hand corner did not stop the anydvdtray.exe. I also noticed that after exiting it this way that if I re-clicked on anydvd to start it, that the icon did not get place in the taskbar unless I had went to task manager and stopped the anydvdtray.exe. Anyone else having this problem that is running windows 7?

I don't. But I have User Account Control disabled.

Anydvdtray is likely hanging on account of some other running background process.

---

I run Windows 7 x64 Ultimate on three different computers--one of them a notebook, and I have no issues at all.

1. Disable User Account Control: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...nt-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista/

2. Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.

3. At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs

4. Right click on setupanydvd6605.exe, and select "run as administrator"

5. After installing, reboot.

6. Enable your antivirus and firewall programs

7 Also, this is basic Micrsoft troubleshooting procedure (someone forwarded this to me, but this is pretty standard):

A) Click the Start Button type "msconfig" (without quotation marks) in the Search box, and then press Enter.

If prompted, please click Continue on the User Account Control (UAC) window.

B) Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

C) Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

Then, restart the computer. When the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts" box and click OK.

NOTE: we can go back to normal boot by running msconfig again and checking on Normal Startup in the General tab.

In the Clean Boot Environment, the third party services and applications are disabled, please check if you can exit 6.6.0.5 without Anydvdtray hanging.

If the problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service you have disabled. You may use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to find out the culprit.

8. Click the red fox icon-->Program settings-->--->enable "safe mode"-->Click "ok". Any difference?

9. Post an Anydvd .zip log file

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the an original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your system tray.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

Last edited:
Your right it is another program causing the problem it is zonealarm One of these days me and zonealarm are going to part ways.
Found that is I stop zonealarm then anydvdtray.exe will stop restart zonealarm and it will not stop without stopping it in task manager. Funny thing was that I could go into the zonealarm window and stop firewall, antivirus. forcefield,email protection and program control, which is every part of zonealarm extreme and still anydvdtray.exe will not stop once started unless you go to task manager and stop it. I did some more testing and found the zonealarm program iswsvc.exe running in the task manager could be stopped in the task manager and it would then restart on its own but then anydvdtray.exe would stop every time I exited the icon the way it should. But iF I stopped zonealarm and restarted it then the problem came back. There is something with the iswsve.exe service that is causing the problem but I do not know what.

After disabling UAC you don't need to right click and select "run as administator" anymore, just so you know.

Yeah. Some people don't try to disable UAC, so they just skip that. Selecting "run as administrator" doesn't hurt anything if they do disable UAC anyway.

I have had it disable for a while now

Back