AnyDVDHD UHD support

Discussion in 'High Definition Hardware' started by MikeK61, Oct 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Seriously doubt that, pretty sure they lack the proper authentication hardware.

2. Jeff R 1

Jeff R 1 Well-Known Member

I'll hope that the firmware for the LG drives can be updated to AACS 2.0 _ it'd be nice to save some money for a change.
    Yeah, more then likely, but try not to be such a wet blanket... :p

3. Ch3vr0n

I'm a realist, if you don't get your hopes up you can't get disappointed.

4. DaveO88

DaveO88 Moderator DE

Answer from LG Support

"Thank you very much for contacting LG Electronics Deutschland GmbH.

We currently have no PC drive in the portfolio, which is compatible with the new UHD-BR format.
    Whether or, if an adaptation in the form of a firmware (if possible), or a compatible model will appear, is currently unknown."

:rockingchair::banghead:

5. Jeff R 1

Looks like God answered...
    Bout what I expected. :rolleyes:

There probably is a drive coming, they just don't want to commit, and/or they're not allowed to make it public.

nebostrangla likes this.
  6. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

More likely the support staff don't know as they just reply from a standard script

Clams likes this.
  7. Jeff R 1

I guess it would be expecting too much if one of them would actually do their job and go find out, rather then just reading what's in front of them.

nebostrangla likes this.
  8. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

They are doing their job. They aren't given the information until they are allowed to release it.

nebostrangla likes this.
  9. carmelo988

carmelo988 New Member

I attach log blu-ray files uhd not decrypt

Attached Files:

10. Ch3vr0n

Anydvd doesn't have uhd support yet. That has been clear since page 1 and uhd discs first came out.

11. klopsknoedel

klopsknoedel New Member

12. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

13. Krawk

Krawk Active Member

Problem is, this drive will not stream data unless every component of the PC supports AACS 2.0 and Intel's SGX protocol.

14. ogrex

ogrex New Member

Any BDXL drive can read UHD Blu-rays.

I bought my Asus BW-16D1HT BDXL drive last december (12/2016)

Current Any-Dvd HD can rip encrypted copy of UHD Blu-Ray disk.

But there is no software player for UHD Blu-Rays. Cyberlink says its coming but when.. nobody knows.

15. Ch3vr0n

Wrong. As posted numerous times now. They can SEE the contents and copy it off the disc but the buck stops there. They very likely CANNOT DECRYPT the contents because of the lack of AACS 2.0 support. Any thing can copy encrypted content, even windows explorer, that's not the issue. The issue is to DECRYPT it. Cyberlink has been granted certification for PowerDVD 17 and it'll likely be released in the coming months as they always do with their next version (feb-april)

hart2hart likes this.
  16. cybrsage

cybrsage Well-Known Member

At least that will be a good reason to upgrade editions.

17. MisterXDTV

MisterXDTV Well-Known Member

If the requirements are what they seem to be, nobody will buy PowerDVD to play UHD discs. Most will have to do a 100% hardware upgrade to play stupid discs....

18. Jeff R 1

We'll see how far James wants to go with this, if he decides to do all the upgrades and gets around AACS 2.0, then we won't really need to do anything.
    With AACS 2.0 circumvented at disc level, it will simply be seen as 2160p recording with HEV.265 coding. No DMR, no Playready 3.0 to worry about.
    If your video card isn't up to the task though, you will have to upgrade that, but it won't be because of all the DMR BS.
    I believe you're still going to need an UHD Blu-ray reader though.

19. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

When my computer got stolen and I had to build a new one, I bought an external Samsung UBD Bluray drive.
    Samsung UBD-K8500 3D Wi-Fi 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player (2016 Model) and I have been having issues with it, I am sending it back (RMA)

20. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

I moved the thread to High Def Hardware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.