• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVDHD UHD support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about that, just that for me, I see no reason to go to a different brand. LG has never let me down so far. As they say, 'Don't fix what isn't broken'.

ok, UHD BD Drive from XBox ONE S is

MSIP-REM-PLD-DG-6M5S
Application Number: 201517100000236504
Company: Philips & Lite-ON Digital Solutions Corporation
Device Name: BD-ROM Drive
Model: DG-6M5S
Sub-Model: DG-6M3S
Authorization Number: MSIP-REM-PLD-DG-6M5S
Alphanumeric Authorization Number: MSIPREMPLDDG6M5S
Manufacturer: Philips & Lite-ON Digital Solutions Corporation
So you opened up your Xbox and the information you posted here is what's on the drive ?
Is it a SATA connection ?

My LG drive that can see the 4K files is AACS 1.0.
Mehh...
At least it wasn't expensive.

I don't know about that, just that for me, I see no reason to go to a different brand. LG has never let me down so far. As they say, 'Don't fix what isn't broken'.
Good job you haven't got the BH16NS55, so far I've found them to be a bit unreliable on burning and reading, not as good as previous LG models. Only thing it has going for it is it's ability to read UHD discs.

I have got a Pionner BDXL burner will this read uhd blu ray disk i will be getting Independacne Day Resurgance in 4K shortly AU Version will post my results
I

i wonder if it is possible to take one of those stand alone 4k bluray players and sort of do a hack job on it and remove it from the case and somehow hook it up to a computer externally and rip 4k uhd that way til something more comes out for internal for the PCs

Not a standalone but someone will with the drive from the XB1 S .

UHD BD Drive from XBox ONE S is

MSIP-REM-PLD-DG-6M5S
Application Number: 201517100000236504
Company: Philips & Lite-ON Digital Solutions Corporation
Device Name: BD-ROM Drive
Model: DG-6M5S
Sub-Model: DG-6M3S
Authorization Number: MSIP-REM-PLD-DG-6M5S
Alphanumeric Authorization Number: MSIPREMPLDDG6M5S
Manufacturer: Philips & Lite-ON Digital Solutions Corporation

I have got a Pionner BDXL burner will this read uhd blu ray disk i will be getting Independacne Day Resurgance in 4K shortly AU Version will post my results
I
Even if it did read the files, if you do James' test chances are it's AACS 1.0.
i wonder if it is possible to take one of those stand alone 4k bluray players and sort of do a hack job on it and remove it from the case and somehow hook it up to a computer externally and rip 4k uhd that way til something more comes out for internal for the PCs
If it was a standard SATA connection, but most are not anymore.
Maybe the one of the Xbox 1 ???
I'm guessing that you would run into all sorts of hand-shaking and authentication issues with Intel and Windows.

It won't read it anyway, as I already tested my Pio 207m BDXL drive. Can't even see that there's a disc in the drive.

Newbie, I've been using them since the Commodore Pet and the Apple II Euro plus in the late 70's :p
Newbie... pft... My first computer game was Home Pong... ahhh... it's all coming back to me now! What a ride it's been! Man I'm old!?! :p

Newbie... pft... My first computer game was Home Pong... ahhh... it's all coming back to me now! What a ride it's been! Man I'm old!?! :p
Well if we are referring to computer games as opposed to computers then I can go that far back as well

I
Which pioneer drive? I've tested most of the new models and have yet to find one that reads UHD discs even with the latest firmware

I figure somebody will figure out a way to use the drive from a XB1 S .
Like they did with the external HD-DVD drive from the Xbox 360. Because wasn't that the first HD-DVD drive that could be used on a pc.
I know I used mine on the PC more than the Xbox.

My problem is that I need to find an XB1s as a spare dispenser. Because especially a new buy makes no sense since you can not edit the disc anyway.

I have now times written to the LG support and there you can not play a UHD disc with the drive (BH16NS55) in the HTPC since this only supports AACS v.1 but the drive properly as a player works AACS v.2 needed. Is this done as an update or are there any drives that can?

Let's see what I'll get as an answer

I have the LG BH16NS55 (FW 1.01) and I am not worried: either it will play UHD discs thanks to a new version of PowerDVD or I will have to wait for Redfox to do its magic and remove AACS 2.0 for me. :)

The fact that it already reads UHD discs is very encouraging

My problem is that I need to find an XB1s as a spare dispenser. Because especially a new buy makes no sense since you can not edit the disc anyway.

I have now times written to the LG support and there you can not play a UHD disc with the drive (BH16NS55) in the HTPC since this only supports AACS v.1 but the drive properly as a player works AACS v.2 needed. Is this done as an update or are there any drives that can?

Let's see what I'll get as an answer
Good luck with that, getting an answer out of LG is like getting a direct answer from God himself.
Probably have a better chance of getting an answer from God. :rolleyes:

I've been at LG for ages and I never got anything out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back