• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVDHD UHD support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between bulk and retail there really isn't any difference when it comes to the drive itself. The only difference:

Bulk: drive only
Retail: drive+ that cyberlink media suite disc.

That's it. Mechanically they're identical.
It seems that you consider me as a young dumb newbie, which is totally wrong ... I've been playing with PCs since my first 386SX25 in July 1992 and its DOS/WIN 3.0 combo ...

I know perfectly what is the difference between RETAIL and BULK, because of my computer experience but also because I've been working in a reseller shop for several years ... !!!

So, can you please stop considering me like a young dumb newbie ??? Thanks in advance !!

Newbie, I've been using them since the Commodore Pet and the Apple II Euro plus in the late 70's :p

Can you please stop assuming I assume you to be a newbie? I did/do no such thing.

I just made an AnyDVD beta, which will show the AACS version supported by a drive. Because it is a quick hack, a disc (could be anything) needs to be inserted.
I believe for Ultra HD Blu-ray authentication the supported AACS version must be (at least) 2.
Happy testing - and be prepared for a disappointment.

Thanks, as you suspected the BH16NS55 supports AACS 1.0 on firmware 1.02.

It's strange though how it appears to be the only drive I've seen on the market that can actually read the information on the discs. None of the other drives I've tried from LG or from Pioneer even recognise anything on them

Last edited:
My Pio BDXL drive won't read anything off a 4k disc. Shows as though nothing is in the drive. I suspect that's going to be a very similar situation for most people.

That's what I was saying, seems strange this 1 drive model can read the discs but not any others

And now you have to find a drive that can, only nobody will give this information :banghead:

I doubt we're getting drives that support AACS 2.0 any time soon. And that's what's needed.

There was talk about UHD drives for PC's being released earlier next year, but I can't remember where I read it

I'll be getting one when that happens if it's an LG one :) Just for the sake of helping redfox with full support. As i don't have any 4K capable hardware otherwise (no tv, no standalone,..). My drives themselves only support v1 but that's no surprise to me. My BH16 is NS40 (predates the current NS55) and the other one is a BH10, predates the BH16 by about a year or 2.

Lol, I still have a HDDVD / BD drive
HL-DT-ST BD-REGGW-H20L YL07 000319115981S82337
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2
Drive supports AACS version: 1

OK , next step
Well then I must still get a drive for the XBox One S :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
That was my first BD drive! That thing still works? I replaced that thing LONG ago :D, by the BH08 i think. which has since then been replaced by the BH10.

i think the xbox scorpio drive will do. xbox runs on a special version of windows 10 afaik...

ok, UHD BD Drive from XBox ONE S is

MSIP-REM-PLD-DG-6M5S
Application Number: 201517100000236504
Company: Philips & Lite-ON Digital Solutions Corporation
Device Name: BD-ROM Drive
Model: DG-6M5S
Sub-Model: DG-6M3S
Authorization Number: MSIP-REM-PLD-DG-6M5S
Alphanumeric Authorization Number: MSIPREMPLDDG6M5S
Manufacturer: Philips & Lite-ON Digital Solutions Corporation

I believe for Ultra HD Blu-ray authentication the supported AACS version must be (at least) 2.
Happy testing - and be prepared for a disappointment.

Sorry what does that mean ?

UHD/4K discs use AACS v2 encryption, all currently known consumer drives only support v1. What is meant by it is initial testing support for 4k has begun. Maybe someone will encounter a drive that supports AACS v2 and then perhaps further support can be added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back