AnyDVD_8.4.9.0.dump

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by Marcial, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Marcial

Marcial Well-Known Member

I am trying to Rip to Image a blu-ray disc. This is the first time I get this error message:

AnyDVD exception!
    Please send this AnyDVD dump file
    to bugs@redfox.bz with a short description
    how to reproduce this error!
    Click OK to open the file location

When I opened the zipped file, what I get is a "AnyDVD.dmp (14 MB) file.

Never seen this before. What's the way to fix this problem?

2. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

Send the dump file and post an AnyDVD log from the disc in question.

3. Marcial

Hi, mmdavis. Thanks for your reply. The truth is that I haven't gotten a log in a long time and I forgot how to do it. I know it's very simple. Would you please tell me how to do it?

4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

5. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Please try AnyDVD 8.4.9.4 first.

6. Marcial

Hi all,
    I installed AnyDVD 8.4.9.4. and tried again but it did not resolve the problem.
    I revisited "Please read this before you post", which I should have done before writing anything here. My apologies.
    Attached please find both the log file and the dump file.

Attached Files:

7. Ch3vr0n

that's a txt file, not the actual .dmp dump file (which you say in your OP is 14MB in size, that txt file is 1.4kb. 1000x smaller)

8. Marcial

I received the dump file zipped so I unzipped it but it is not accepted. I attached the only one accepted, which is the zipped file.

Attached Files:

9. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Thank you for the log.
    AnyDVD should not crash, but the actual problem is, that your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective.
    Sorry. You can try to clean the disc. If it is new, check for an invisible oil film.

Code:
    -----------------------------
     10.97s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5      // **** L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR
     22.03s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5      // **** L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR
     29.03s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5      // **** L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR
     36.04s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5      // **** L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR
    ...22 more...

10. Marcial

SECTOR ERROR.jpg

The fact is that I washed the disc with mild detergent and warm water after failing so many times, and I tried with 3 different drives (I have 2 PCs with 2 disc drives each one. 3 of the drives are blu-ray and 2 of them are Pioneer). Never had problem with them. In fact, I ripped another blu-ray disc just to test it and it went smoothly. I got a screenshot that I inserted above.

11. Ch3vr0n

The fact that your ripped another disc fine just proves it that you have a bad disc.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

12. Marcial

That's exactly what I think, Ch3vr0n. This is not the first times that disc reads perfect with my standalone player but when it comes to rip it to the PC it shows bad sectors. It won't be the last one either.

Thanks to all of you.