• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD wont let me install update!

i cant update ANYDVD either. Says the same thing as first poster. All others worked fine............ until this new release.

This worked for the original poster:

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Try running a registry cleaner program at this point like CCleaner
e) Download Anydvd http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe
f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
g) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
h) Reinstall
i) Reboot
j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
k) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

that thing about spybot teatimer could very well be whats going on. Because it says it failed to open anydvd.exe. Next time I update I will try that and see. This just started when I tried to update 6.1.4.3. Never happened to me before that.

award givers? :confused:

I'm assuming they mean the company awards that the website for the program has been given. Softpedia, Major Geeks & Cnet's Download.com are far from unknown, though. And Tucows.com has been around for ages, of course.

i dont recognize any of the award givers. id be cautious.

Hi :)
Welcome onboard.
Well they've been around quite a while.
I have used this program for a long time & never had a problem.
I have also recommended this s/w on several sites & as yet to notice any compliants. Ever. ;)

This worked for the original poster:

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Try running a registry cleaner program at this point like CCleaner
e) Download Anydvd http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe
f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
g) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
h) Reinstall
i) Reboot
j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
k) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

im trying to uninstall but it wont let me. Says program may be in use, but it isnt. I cant figure it out.

I just wanted to say that my anydvd started messing up a few updates ago. I couldn't figure it out. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that seemed fine but not for every update because it gets annoying. So today when i read about Spy-bots Tea timer causing the problem I closed the tea timer and anydvd updated like a champ. Hope that helps!

Here's what I do when a new version comes out. First, start downloading the upgrade. Then disable and exit AnyDVD. Install the upgrade. When it reaches the last step, wait until your screen refreshes, then close the install program, and enable AnyDVD. Usually, I don't have to reboot if I follow this procedure. I've never had any problems with upgrading.

I believe whether or not you have to reboot is based upon the changes made to the anydvd update.

I just wanted to say that my anydvd started messing up a few updates ago. I couldn't figure it out. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that seemed fine but not for every update because it gets annoying. So today when i read about Spy-bots Tea timer causing the problem I closed the tea timer and anydvd updated like a champ. Hope that helps!

imma try disabling tea timer.

Eureka! I have disabled Tea Timer and updated flawlessly. Thank goodness for the forums. Good call Slysoft. Thanks guys.

Glad my post helped you ;). You might want to have a look at Unlocker for future problems.

I have never had issues updating AnyDVD but i have recommended that people uninstall AnyDVD from safe mode if they are having issues uninstalling or updating AnyDVD, then re-install AnyDVD from nomal mode, this will work 99% of the time because no drivers or applications are loaded in safe mode so the offending files should be removed or modified without issue.

Thank you!

I had problems updating AnyDVD and YOU gave me the solution: I switched off TeaTimer and it worked. Many thanks again. :clap:

Congrats! After having this problem I have found the Spybot TeaTimer is really a waste of space. It causes more problems. Remove the TeaTimer and keep ripping those DVDs!

Back