1. AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, download with Netflix and Hulu is not possible at the moment.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved - but it will take a few days. Thank you.

AnyDVD with PowerDVD 3319 won't work for Blu-ray?

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by XxDeadlyxX, Oct 29, 2007.

1. XxDeadlyxX

XxDeadlyxX Well-Known Member

Any way to get AnyDVD to work with PowerDVD Ultra 3319 for Blu-ray? Trying to play any movie results in it prompting for an update.

2. UK.MarkyMark

UK.MarkyMark Member

3. 2mellow

2mellow Member

Problem is not with PowerDVD but with AnyDVD

I also have updated my PowerDVD to 3119a, and I can no longer play blu-ray discs with anydvd running. This is for both older and new Blu-ray discs. If I close anydvd, my Blu-ray discs play fine. Going to an older version of PowerDVD is not really an option, because I want to play my BD+ discs(Day After Tomorrow). All the HD-DVD's still work great with anydvd and PowerDVD 3119a, even the latest ones (Transformers).

Slysoft, could you fix this please??

4. XxDeadlyxX

XxDeadlyxX Well-Known Member

Thanks for link, I looked at that topic earlier but missed the newest posts, the solution I am using now is having two installs, one 3104 and one 3319a. For any Region B titles I have which are region locked I use 3104 with AnyDVD to remove the region, and for everything else I use 3319 without AnyDVD.

5. tintin

tintin Member

How do you install two Powerdvd's, without deleting the other?

6. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Install 3104, copy the PowerDVD directory, install 3319.

7. James

No, sorry. It looks like PowerDVD refuses to play unprotected Blu-ray discs. Only solution is to install PowerDVD 3104.

8. LINUS

LINUS Beta Tester

Hm, very strange, that means that you can't play BRs that you have burned by yourself with your wedding home movie? Can they do this? :doh:

9. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

It will play your own discs, I've tested it with disc made from my own footage in Encore and DVDit Pro HD as well as back ups of films I own and powerdvd plays them all,with or without AnydvdHD running. It only seems to have a problem if you have a BD-ROM in the drive

10. James

These are BDAV, not BDMV mastered. Yes, Blu-ray still sucks. :D

11. LINUS

LINUS Beta Tester

Yes, but in the other thread 2mellow found out that self burned BRs work.

It seems that 3319 is just not usable at the moment, more important for me is the lack of support for reclock.

So, two problems to solve for you, James, you will never be out of a job ;)

Anyways, highly appreciated here what you are doing ....

12. James

Really? I could tell you to "copy BD to harddisk first" if you wish to use PDVD 3319. BD users need to suffer ... :D

13. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

BD's made in Encore and DVDit Pro HD are BDMV not BDAV, and they work fine with or without Anydvd HD running

14. James

I stand corrected. :bowdown:

15. James

This was a joke, of course. I'll look into it further. Unfortunately I have some personal matters to attend, so I'll be away for the next couple of days / weeks.

16. 2mellow

2mellow Member

I wish

James,

It would be great if BD died, but with Sony being Sony (can you say memory stick), and owning their own studio, they will continue to put out their own format at a loss for an extended period of time. So any movie addicts are stuck being dual format for at least a couple of years.

I would also like to give my undying gratitude to slysoft for their great products. You guys lower my personal jump through hoop factor significantly. You guys definitely earn your money. Keep up the great work.:bowdown:
    :clap:

17. James

Yes, and I can say "BETAMAX", too! ;)

18. 2mellow

2mellow Member

Don't get me wrong. I think BD should die... die... die.... But, unfortunately Sony has deep pockets. I would guess that they will tolerate losing money for quite a while. Also, the people on this forum are the exception not the rule. The average consumer can't hookup their HDTV to get an HD signal, let alone tell you the difference between Blu-ray and HD-DVD. As soon as there are affordable dual (combo) players, the average consumer won't care either way (until they can't play their new BD dvd without a firmware update, and once it is fixed they'll get over it). Pathetic yes, but not surprising. :doh::doh: Sorry, didn't mean to rant .. all done now!!!!

19. Wrick

Wrick Member

I've come up with a simple workaround to get PowerDVD 3319 working with Blu ray disks with AnyDVD running. Since it works fine for HD DVD disks and Blu ray disks ripped to the hard disk I figured that I'd try to convince PowerDVD that the actual disk was already ripped and on the hard disk. If you follow me.

Anyway, all I did was share the Blu-ray drive on the network, then mapped the new "network" drive. In PowerDVD instead of selecting the real drive, I chose "Open movie files on hard disk" and pointed it to the mapped drive.

To be precise, I shared my blu-ray drive as "Bluray", mapped "\\127.0.0.1\Bluray" to drive Z, then pointed PowerDVD to the root of drive Z. Now no more HDCP rubbish or that annoying "critical component" update rubbish.

I'm running XP (with the UDF 2.5 drivers) so I can't say whether this wee cheat will work on Vista. Oh, and I can't say whether it will work with BD+ disks since I refuse to let them anywhere near my computer.

Just thought I'd share this in case its of use to anyone.

20. LINUS

LINUS Beta Tester

Well, thanks for sharing, sounds very interesting. Did you also manage to run 3319 with Reclock active??