• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

anyDvd with Parallels on Mac?

kaembo2

Hi there!

some people here post, that they use parallels to run anyDvd on Macs, some write that they failed to do so.

I failed running it on a MacBook with Tiger 10.4.8 and the latest build of parallels (1970).

- as some other poster already stated anydvd always says "not CSS protected" although the DVD is protected (see attached screenshot)

- When starting to rip I always get an errormessage - also attached as a screenshot

- the virtual DVD-ROM has a regional Code 1 and I am not able to change it to 2 (which would be my "normal" on). Is this a problem?

is anybody running anydvd on parallels?

any idea why it isn't working?

best regards
kaembo

Attachments

• screenshot1.jpg
    screenshot1.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 13
  • screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 7
im using parallels on my mac pro and do all my dvd copying with anydvd and clonedvd2.no problems at all plus i used it on my imac takes like 20 mins to back up my dvds within parallels.

Hi there!

some people here post, that they use parallels to run anyDvd on Macs, some write that they failed to do so.

I failed running it on a MacBook with Tiger 10.4.8 and the latest build of parallels (1970).

- as some other poster already stated anydvd always says "not CSS protected" although the DVD is protected (see attached screenshot)

- When starting to rip I always get an errormessage - also attached as a screenshot

- the virtual DVD-ROM has a regional Code 1 and I am not able to change it to 2 (which would be my "normal" on). Is this a problem?

is anybody running anydvd on parallels?

any idea why it isn't working?

best regards
kaembo
AnyDVD does not always say media is not CSS protected. It only says it if it really isn't protected.

im using parallels on my mac pro and do all my dvd copying with anydvd and clonedvd2.no problems at all plus i used it on my imac takes like 20 mins to back up my dvds within parallels.

hi kyrunner,

I guess you are ripping RC-1 Discs?

regards
kaembo

AnyDVD does not always say media is not CSS protected. It only says it if it really isn't protected.

believe me: those discs were CSS protected and anyDvd on my windows-machine (which I want' to get rid of) has the same opinion as I have :)

regards
kaembo

finally it works!

just in case anybody else is interested:

I just upgraded vom parallels build 1970
to Release Candidate 3 (Build 3170)

and now anyDvd works just fine!

regards
kaembo

just in case anybody else is interested:

I just upgraded vom parallels build 1970
to Release Candidate 3 (Build 3170)

and now anyDvd works just fine!

regards
kaembo
Thank you. It's good to know there is a way to have it work on another OS.

Back