• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD will not scan Movies??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheekyman

Hi :bowdown:
Newbie here. So treat me gently. ;)
I'm using trial version prior to purchase & I'm impressed :agree:
BUT I got Golden Compass & I am Legend & it doesn't scan them when they go in.
(Backing up for my apartment in Spain)
The drives tell me its a blank disc??
I cannot create a log file also.
And they will not play on PC. But play in DVD Player.
I got the Movies from DVDCrave.com (£7.99 top titles)which I've just found out today its in Malaysia!!!!!
I thought it was a UK Company. They are copies of the original film (Which I've just found out)
I payed by Paypal & am thinking of getting my money back.
Unless you people can come up with a solution??? (No faults with the movie though)
Regards
Cheekyman (Frank):rock:
Introduction to My Website

Last edited:
Hi :bowdown:
Newbie here. So treat me gently. ;)
I'm using trial version prior to purchase & I'm impressed :agree:
BUT I got Golden Compass & I am Legend & it doesn't scan them when they go in.
(Backing up for my apartment in Spain)
The drives tell me its a blank disc??
I cannot create a log file also.
And they will not play on PC. But play in DVD Player.
I got the Movies from DVDCrave.com (£7.99 top titles)which I've just found out today its in Malaysia!!!!!
I thought it was a UK Company. They are copies of the original film (Which I've just found out)
I payed by Paypal & am thinking of getting my money back.
Unless you people can come up with a solution??? (No faults with the movie though)
Regards
Cheekyman (Frank):rock:
Introduction to My Website
In think you have been screwed.

They might be in trouble. According to the FAQ from the website you'll see the following:

5. What are your refund policies?

You may request for an exchange of titles which are found to be defective on first hand use. We will send you a new copy of the DVD. Please go to the ‘Contact Us’ page and fill in a report on the title and problem. Shipping and handling charges are not refundable. Replacements will be sent via airmail (or with your next order).

6. What is the region and format of the DVD’s that you offer?

All DVD’s are in Multi-Region/Region-Free format and can be read on any functioning DVD player, Playstation, Xbox and computer DVD-Rom. It works on all PAL & NTSC TVs and player

Note the mention of Multi-Region/Region-Free. This is a give-away that the discs aren't legit. IMHO this site is nothing more than online fraud and should be shut down.

If you get no satisfaction from the company I would definitely contact PayPal and and dispute the transaction due to the fact the material received was illegal bootlegs. I doubt PayPal will like knowing they are dealing with a company that sells illegal copies of movies. If your PayPal account is connected to a credit card I would also contact the credit card company and get them involved. In the end you'll probably not get much satisfaction, however.

As a consumer in the online world you need to be vigilant and always read the information posted on a website. I located the tell-tale signs of bootlegs in less than 1 minute after seeing the website for the first time.

How about posting the AnyDVD log file anyways?

Ensure AnyDVD is running.
Put the problematic original movie DVD in your burner. Wait for AnyDVD to scan the disc.
Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
Select "Create Logfile".
Wait for AnyDVD to create a log file.
A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where AnyDVD created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "OK".
Go to your "My Documents" folder.
You will see a ZIP file called "AnyDVD_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f).
When replying or posting in the SlySoft forums, look for the icon that looks like (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread).
If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't, please ensure your browser is configured to allow pop-ups from the SlySoft forum).
Click the "Browse" button and locate and select the ZIP file you created.
Click "upload".
Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the ZIP file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

I do not believe there is anything to be gained by attempting to assist people in backing up pirated films.

Cheekyman, it's unfortunate that you have been ripped off. Please take up your issue with paypal, and see if you can't get your money back.

Thread closed. :policeman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back