• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD will not copy House on Haunted Hill

While coping House on Haunted Hill with AnyDVD HD (version 8.3.9.0), it fails at 47% with error message FileIO 3 VTS_01_1.VOB 2836971520 241664. Logfile: included

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.9.0_Info_G_HOUSE_ON_HAUNTED_HILL.ziplog
    181.1 KB · Views: 5
  • House on Haunted Hill (error).jpg
    House on Haunted Hill (error).jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 11
Your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective.

Thank you. I was afraid that may be the cause even though I’m unable to see any defects in the disk. I think the drive is fine because this is a two sided disk and the drive is able to copy the other side of the disk. I’ve also tried copying the DVD on another computer and it still failed. The only difference is on a different computer it was able to get to 54% before it failed.

The problem is, most likely, it's a flipper. Flippers are trash. People stopped buying them for that reason and companies listened when people spoke with their reduced dollars. People didn't want those trash discs anymore so companies stopped producing what they couldn't sell.

The problem is, most likely, it's a flipper. Flippers are trash. People stopped buying them for that reason and companies listened when people spoke with their reduced dollars. People didn't want those trash discs anymore so companies stopped producing what they couldn't sell.

Does that mean there is no work around for getting a DVD Copy of a Flipper Disc?

Does that mean there is no work around for getting a DVD Copy of a Flipper Disc?
Have you tried any other program to decrypt it? I have one disk that refuses to work with anydvd (gives the FileIO error), but other program decrypts it just fine without errors.

If the disc is defective, there's little way around that. Some drives might have better luck than others with a bad disc, but you're generally out of luck. Flippers by their very nature don't mean they can't be copied. In fact, the flippers in my collection are, predominantly, fine. However, check reviews on Amazon.com or other posts on this board about flippers to see how low quality they are. Resulting in unplayable discs, discs that get scratched in the mail, etc.

Going by Blaze's suggestion, you could try another program, just in case, but you're likely going to get the same result. If the disc is not protected with structural protection, which AnyDVD will tell you if it has it or not (Unless the unreadable area of the disc causes a false positive with AnyDVD for structural protection. I have seen that happen before.), you can use the free program DVDShrink freely found on the web. DVDShrink can decrypt discs with standard CSS or no protection on them, but not structurally protected discs. (If AnyDVD is running, DVDShrink can decrypt structurally protected discs, but you should NEVER decrypt those to ISO. Only decrypt to VIDEO_TS files.) If DVDShrink doesn't work, then you can pretty much guarantee it's a defective disc and you won't get anywhere with that drive, and, most likely, get nowhere anywhere else with any other drive.

Back