• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion AnyDVD - Unable to crack all CSS Keys - Clerks: The Animated Series

Garundas

Good morning

I have the DVD set of Clerks: The Animated Series from Miramax which is compused by 2 DVDs - NTSC and the first DVD it showed the warning message about "Unable to crack all CSS Keys" .
I would like to know if the AnyDVD was succesfull on cracking all the keys on the first DVD. The second DVD didnt not show any warning message so i presume it did extracted everything.

Thanks for the support guys.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-21 115203.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-21 115203.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 6
  • AnyDVD_8.6.6.0_Info_D_CLERKS_TV1.ziplog
    280.6 KB · Views: 7
Your drive is set to region 2, but the media is region 1. If it still rips fine, I suppose you don't need to worry about it as it is just about the region mismatch. But report again if you have any issues with ripping or playing the disc.

Your drive is set to region 2, but the media is region 1. If it still rips fine, I suppose you don't need to worry about it as it is just about the region mismatch. But report again if you have any issues with ripping or playing the disc.
Hi DeepSpace

The Log File which i share here, can you confirm if everything is ok ?

Thanks

The Log File which i share here, can you confirm if everything is ok?
You mean the log from above? That is exactly what I looked at. There are things I don't understand though (because I never look there), so a dev or someone with more knowledge might find something else. But the CSS key thing usually appears if the region is not set, which you can see in this thread. Since your region is set, the only thing left is the region mismatch between disc and drive. As I said, if you can rip and/or play it without issues, you should be fine.

I would like to know if the AnyDVD was succesfull on cracking all the keys on the first DVD
If you see this warning, the answer is no, it wasn't. Otherwise there would be no warning. :)
The question is "does it matter".
Decryption of title set 2 containing titles 5 & 6 has failed. To check if this matters to you, play the original disc on your PC. If you notice no problem, it doesn't.

If you make "movie only" conversions to mkv or similar, it won't matter.

If you see this warning, the answer is no, it wasn't. Otherwise there would be no warning. :)
The question is "does it matter".
Decryption of title set 2 containing titles 5 & 6 has failed. To check if this matters to you, play the original disc on your PC. If you notice no problem, it doesn't.

If you make "movie only" conversions to mkv or similar, it won't matter.
Actually when i try to play one episode or all episodes ( on menu of the dvd its says play all the episodes ) it freezes i can make small clip showing the issue.
Any possible way solving this via your software ( AnyDVD ) whitout changing the region ?

Many thanks

Any possible way solving this via your software ( AnyDVD ) whitout changing the region ?
No, but if you know someone with the same disc and a drive with matching region, you can ask for the keys, AnyDVD has a CSS key export / import function in settings.

Actually when i try to play one episode or all episodes ( on menu of the dvd its says play all the episodes ) it freezes i can make small clip showing the issue.

Many thanks
Just a thought, but alternatively, you might get a cheap external USB DVD drive if you do this kind of thing more often, which you can change to Region 1 permanently.
For example, the LITEON eBAU108.

Just a thought, but alternatively, you might get a cheap external USB DVD drive if you do this kind of thing more often, which you can change to Region 1 permanently.
For example, the LITEON eBAU108.
That's how I do it as well but I don't use DVDs anymore. Only once in a while.

I also have an external USB BD drive that is set to Region 2; I'm in Region 1. That way, I don't have to change Regions on my primary device and change them back. Saves on time and the number of available changes to the device.

I got an extra USB drive for precisely that reason. For discs that were not in Region 1/A.

Thanks for everyone for the great ideas , yes its good idea on buying an second USB BD drive for Region 1 , we are near to the Black Friday , ya am going to buy maybe LITEON eBAU108.
Thanks to all ☺️

Thanks for everyone for the great ideas , yes its good idea on buying an second USB BD drive for Region 1 , we are near to the Black Friday , ya am going to buy maybe LITEON eBAU108.
Thanks to all ☺️
Kindly note that if you want a BD Drive you need to check for another external drive, as the LITEON eBAU108 is, as mentioned earlier, a DVD drive.
It won't read BD or UHD.

Back