• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using the ASUS BW-16D1HT as an example, ASUS pushed the 3.02 firmware on January 15, 2018. On January 22 they pushed 3.03. 3.03 closes the hole.

They were likely leaned on by LG and the rest of the powers that be.
There no such thing as "pushing firmware" on a PC drive, unless the user has installed Asus software that specifically does drive updates. My ASUS BW-16D1HT is still on firmware 3.00.

There no such thing as "pushing firmware" on a PC drive, unless the user has installed Asus software that specifically does drive updates. My ASUS BW-16D1HT is still on firmware 3.00.

Semantics. I'm using the term differently than you are.

Great news. Maybe time to jump on that wagon!

Is it going to be smooth on-the-fly decryption like blu-rays? or discs need to added individually to OPD and it's just a more convenient way than updating a key file (makemkv style)?

If they're building an OPD, I have to assume that UHD decryption will follow the same AACS 1.0 Bluray scheme, that is the online database and the bus encryption will do the job. ;)

I have a few of them ( friendly drives) I bought last year but I do not have a UHD TV LOL, so all is lost. I have more unfriendly drives NS30 ans NS40.

Bit of a newbie question if I may on uhd and anydvd.

The reason I bought Anydvd many years ago and renewed with Redfox was to backup my blurays. I'm just not comfortable only having 1 plastic disc I want a backup too. Something to do with my OCD I suspect.

Now with UHD the thing that has stopped me getting into them is the lack of the ability to back them up but also the ridiculous requirements for play back on PC. Now my question is, if I can make a backup with anydvd does that also circumvent the playback requirements as in kaby lake cpu, uhd drive, graphics card (from Jeff R 1's post)??? Or, once backed up can I expect to be able to play them on the same equipment I use now for playing my bluray backups. I understand the requiement for a UHD friendly drive to make the backup on the first place. If the answer is yes then this is indeed agame changer for 4k discs and might actually help 4k get established.

Hope this is not a dumb question.

Bit of a newbie question if I may on uhd and anydvd.

The reason I bought Anydvd many years ago and renewed with Redfox was to backup my blurays. I'm just not comfortable only having 1 plastic disc I want a backup too. Something to do with my OCD I suspect.

Now with UHD the thing that has stopped me getting into them is the lack of the ability to back them up but also the ridiculous requirements for play back on PC. Now my question is, if I can make a backup with anydvd does that also circumvent the playback requirements as in kaby lake cpu, uhd drive, graphics card (from Jeff R 1's post)??? Or, once backed up can I expect to be able to play them on the same equipment I use now for playing my bluray backups. I understand the requiement for a UHD friendly drive to make the backup on the first place. If the answer is yes then this is indeed agame changer for 4k discs and might actually help 4k get established.

Hope this is not a dumb question.
No dumb question at all. IMHO PC UHD/HDR playback can be a real PITA. I suggest to copy UHD discs to mkv (e.g., using CloneBD) and play them on a decent media player. I use a handful of Nvidia Shields for this purpose.

Is there a comprehensive list of UHD "friendly" drives somewhere? Is it more than a list of one, being comprised of the LG "internal" drive (BH16NS55) and ASUS (re-badged LG) with a specific firmware?

No dumb question at all. IMHO PC UHD/HDR playback can be a real PITA. I suggest to copy UHD discs to mkv (e.g., using CloneBD) and play them on a decent media player. I use a handful of Nvidia Shields for this purpose.

Brilliant , thanks James, you are a God.

I've been patiently waiting for this day to come (Congratulations to the Redfox team), so 2 weeks ago i went out and bought a LG BH16NS55, drive was manufactured in September 2017 with firmware v1.02...

Is there a comprehensive list of UHD "friendly" drives somewhere? Is it more than a list of one, being comprised of the LG "internal" drive (BH16NS55) and ASUS (re-badged LG) with a specific firmware?
It is basically the LG and it's clone (Asus).

My drive is same firmware 3.0
Rips beautiful........Encodes looking nice too. 50gig taken down to 14gig with untouched hd audio and in 10bit hdr. Still playing until I find the sweet spot. 1440p h265 encodes in about 7-8 hrs.......4k 18 hrs.....takes a ton of cpu. I'm encoding and playing back these movies on a 10 year old pc. Its all gpu for this stuff.......hdr card is a must

Is it possible to create a protected UHD iso with official UHD drives using AnyDVD? I don't have a UHD friendly drive right now.

Is it possible to create a protected UHD iso with official UHD drives using AnyDVD? I don't have a UHD friendly drive right now.

This is an interesting question. It SHOULD be able to create a protected image that can then be mounted and decrypted. However, the caveat is that the title MUST be first scanned by someone else with a UHD friendly drive to ascertain the key. But in theory, this should work.

Have you guys been able to include the UHD-keys from the MakeMKV-list into AnyDVDs decryption data/OPD?

No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back