• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD status

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been gone for a week, when did Asus release 3.03? Lovely LOL

I've been gone for a week, when did Asus release 3.03? Lovely LOL

See what happens when I leave for a week? Delightful.

Using the ASUS BW-16D1HT as an example, ASUS pushed the 3.02 firmware on January 15, 2018. On January 22 they pushed 3.03. 3.03 closes the hole.

They were likely leaned on by LG and the rest of the powers that be.

Unfortunately, for some people the requirements of DOSFlash pose issues. If you aren't running an older system somewhere you may be out of luck.

That's not true, as I'm currently using a DOSFlash version modded myself running under Pure Dos, which is suitable for everyone using an USB stick
properly built with Rufus. The DOSFlash issues you're referring to, are for those running the Windows version, which is 1) Buggy and 2) requires to disable
signature driver due to the portio32.sys driver, while no issues at all under pure DOS. ;)

Using the ASUS BW-16D1HT as an example, ASUS pushed the 3.02 firmware on January 15, 2018. On January 22 they pushed 3.03. 3.03 closes the hole.

They were likely leaned on by LG and the rest of the powers that be.

Yea, I see that now. Like I said, a lot happened while I was gone for a week. LOL I'm on 3.02 which is the very last firmware update that drive will ever see.

Thx.
Maybe the Bulk version has better chance not to have been preflashed with FW 1.03.
And The retail version "BH16NS55.AUAR10B" costs 20€ more at Jacob.
Or maybe the other way around, Bulk version, maybe those are rather more RMA. People flashed it with 1.03, and didn't find a way to flash back to 1.02 and sent drive back.

But all in good that there there is the solution with dosflash to revert back the firmware anyway.

That's not true, as I'm currently using a DOSFlash version modded myself running under Pure Dos, which is suitable for everyone using an USB stick
properly built with Rufus. The DOSFlash issues you're referring to, are for those running the Windows version, which is 1) Buggy and 2) requires to disable
signature driver due to the portio32.sys driver, while no issues at all under pure DOS. ;)

Does also FreeDOS work?
http://www.freedos.org/
https://www.heise.de/download/product/freedos-2717

Well at least flashing last newest ME firmware on my Laptop DID NOT go through with FreeDOS :( My Laptop uses DOS environment for BIOS update, but actually not FreeDOS.
Sintax in ME firmware bat-file was incompatible to FreeDOS (minimally different) <=additional or missing backspace character in .bat-file before or after "=" s.th. with directory reference to the ME firmware-file or s.th. like this).
Intel ME firmware flash with earlier version also went through with FreeDOS without modifying the bat-file.
After modifying bat file with that backspace character newer ME firmware version flash also went through in FreeDOS.

Maybe there's also such trap when trying to revert back firmware on LG drive with FreeDOS.
Better I don't use FreeDOS, but use specific other DOS system mentioned from users.

Last edited:
FreeDos works, as the USB stick made with Rufus is a FreeDos bootable device. Simply put DOSFLASH on the USB root and do what you need to do with LG/ASUS drive.

I'll let you know when it comes. FW version will be the first thing I check

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

This is gonna be a day long remembert, you have seen the end of AACS, you might soon see the end of AACs 2.0 :dance:

I have a BH16NS55 bulk version with firmware ver. 101. I purchased it a while back from a UK distributer. I just installed it in a NaxStar DX external enclosure. Any one know if this one is UHD friendly, or will I have to update to firmware ver. 102. As of yet I have no UHD disc’s to try.

That's the one I asked about a few posts up. Yes it is, you can update FW to 1.02 but DO NOT update to 1.03 or it won't be so friendly anymore

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Don't know for sure. But some people asked since there are rumors that 1.02 will rip faster. The advice was leave it as is. Get a UHD disc that is well known to work with MakeMKV or the AnyDVD list and try. Some money well invested.

Furhermore, even if such devices could come with the latest factory firmware, which inhibits UHD discs to be properly read, it is always possible
to downgrade them to the previous firmware version via the DOSFlash (modified) method.

Where's the best place to grab the modified DOSFlash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back