AnyDVD UHD (4K-HDR)

Discussion in 'High Definition Software' started by Futuria, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

Not sure about not being the most sought after. From what I can see there's a few there that are high profile out of the list of 6
    La LA Land
    Passengers
    The Huntsman: Winters War
    Inferno
    Patriots day
    The Smurfs 2

2. ddjmagic

ddjmagic Well-Known Member

Maybe, but I still think if you asked someone to list their top 5 most wanted or favourite available UHD discs, maybe one of those make it.
    IMO there are more popular and better discs available, if they could be decypted they would be out there first, especially seeing as these groups usually like the attention that comes with it.

3. imhh1

imhh1 Well-Known Member

it's only matter of time before other pirate groups figure out how those rips were done.
    Then, soon we'll see a lot more pirated disc.

4. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

But the thing is, with a lot of the other discs out there they don't have the 4K detail so they aren't as good to look at as some on that list

5. gereral1

gereral1 Well-Known Member

I cracked the UHD! Dropped out of my hand and shaddered the disk.......lol

6. ddjmagic

ddjmagic Well-Known Member

As I said IMO there are more popular and better (video quality wise) than some of those (and lot's worse too, yes)
    Other than Passengers, I don't think any would be in the top 10 on peoples best looking UHD discs.

7. David_B

David_B Well-Known Member

One theory that I believe I have brought up multiple times, but haven't had any response about was the idea that the release groups may be using some sort of processor emulation. As far as I am aware (and it's supported by this), it is possible to emulate SGX on QEMU. If SGX can be accurately emulated, is it technically possible for the release teams to grab whatever information that they need out of it?

8. Badnews

Badnews Well-Known Member

UHD what I seen because I have it some regular Blu-ray movie discs are better then the UHD, Since BR can be up-scaled close to 4k if you have the hardware I don't see the WOW factor.

9. gereral1

Yep I agree its only advantage is up close and you get abit more color. But the cost is huge to replace all your equipment for hdr. You get to see exposure in lights and stuff......

10. Badnews

Badnews Well-Known Member

My Oppo 205 will upscale BR great but for BR I'm using the Oppo 95 a lot more. Even though 1080p max. The difference isn't no WOW factor and i'm at least 20ft from a 60" TV. If I were 12 inches away yeah I'll see a difference. I'll see the colors a bit but I can change the colors to 10% more on a regular BR disc with a setting in BD Rebuilder before burning also

11. gereral1

Badnews likes this.
  12. manixx2020

manixx2020 Well-Known Member