• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD Trial Vs. Purchase local or online database?

tubebar2016

Hi,

I am using the 21 day Trial for anyDVD. One thing I don't like is every BD I have tested has to connect to the internet and download the keys from an online database. I have tested the older slysoft version a few years ago and it used a local database.

My concern is what if anyDVD goes out of business? There are big companies who dislike it and there is no guarantee. Thus if I buy this I want to be able to rip my current BDs in the future if this goes down.

When I purchase a license does it download a local key database of ALL currents BDs? Also a feature to add keys in would be nice to make this future-proof.

AnyDVD Trial Vs. Purchase local or online database?
When I purchase a license does it download a local key database of ALL currents BDs?

As far as I know the trial version is the same as the licensed version, if the BD required the OPD in the trial it would have in the licensed versioned too.

My concern is what if anyDVD goes out of business? There are big companies who dislike it and there is no guarantee. Thus if I buy this I want to be able to rip my current BDs in the future if this goes down.

If AnyDVD uses the OPD that info is then cached locally on your PC, so if AnyDVD went out of business, all the discs you have used would continue to work and you can potentially backup and move that cache between PC's.

The only discs I'm not sure about is recent Screen Pass protected discs, I don't know if anything is cached for those or how often the OPD info for them is added to the local database.

95% of known discs do not require the OPD and AnyDVD can handle 100,000+ discs locally, you just happened to find a few it doesn't :)

My recommendation - Don't worry, just buy AnyDVD. Each license purchase potentially helps them keep going with development.

The only discs that really require the OPD are BD+ discs (Fox only).
And discs with Screen Pass protection that got released after your current version of AnyDVD.

Thanks for the info, guess I will just buy the lifetime license and support the cause especially if it gets cached anyway.

My recommendation - Don't worry, just buy AnyDVD. Each license purchase potentially helps them keep going with development.

Good point.
The only discs that really require the OPD are BD+ discs (Fox only).
And discs with Screen Pass protection that got released after your current version of AnyDVD.

None of the discs I needed to connect to the internet were Fox, don't think BD+ as they were all smaller companies mainly Anime. Even GI Joe the movie R1 needed to connect and that's from 2008. I think the Redfox version always connects no matter what. I guess I could just make an ISO backup and store on HDD but that would be HUGE :( And BD-R 50GB are so expensive many times it's cheaper to buy a used original copy.

None of the discs I needed to connect to the internet were Fox, don't think BD+ as they were all smaller companies mainly Anime. Even GI Joe the movie R1 needed to connect and that's from 2008. I think the Redfox version always connects no matter what.

Any disc that AnyDVD hasn't seen before from any previous user (no matter what age) needs the OPD for the first time.
It's most likely you are just the first user to run those particular discs through AnyDVD, now AnyDVD has the info for them it will be added in the local database for everyone in the next version.

I have a PC not networked running the RedFox version and it definitely does not need the OPD on all discs - only BD+ and the odd rarer title not seen before.

Thanks for the info, guess I will just buy the lifetime license and support the cause especially if it gets cached anyway.

(y)

None of the discs I needed to connect to the internet were Fox, don't think BD+ as they were all smaller companies mainly Anime. Even GI Joe the movie R1 needed to connect and that's from 2008. I think the Redfox version always connects no matter what.
You are right, it always connects, no matter what, because it *could* be a disc, where a decryption update is available.
But most of the time it doesn't *need* to connect for proper decryption. You can simply try this by disbling the ethernet port / unplugging the network cable. But this doesn't work for trial versions, because AnyDVD wants to verify the license first.

Does this mean that I could run a fully-licensed version (lifetime license) of RedFox on a PC that is completely disconnected from the internet, and everything would work fine in perpetuity, as long as I don't try to rip any BD+ or ScreenPass titles, or any NEW titles that do not yet have entries in the cached database? The PC can be connected to the internet for the first day or two while getting set up, but after that would run completely disconnected. Based on the above, I believe this would work, within the limitations I mentioned. (or any similar new protection methods, of course)

Would it need to reconnect to the internet for verification when I install updates? (downloaded when released and loaded via USB flash drive) Or could it run pretty much indefinitely, if not being asked to decode previously unknown titles, or the BD+/ScreenPass titles?

Any previously ripped title will work with the internet disconnected (unless you were to reinstall Windows for example and didn't take a backup of the local database). ANY previously unseen version (very old title with BD+, or new one) won't work

AnyDVD does NOT do online license verification except for trial versions (to check remaining time). AnyDVD does however do 'offline' validity check I think to see if your license update duration is still valid. If you install a newer version than your license allows AnyDVD will give an expired license message. You then have 2 options. Renew license or install the previous version again

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Awesome, sounds like this will work well, then! No need to ever again reconnect the PC to the internet, unless a need for decoding one of the special kinds of BD arises. (doubtful, for this particular project)

Thanks!

To put it simple

Old BD+ title: AnyDVD MIGHT be able to handle it offline
ANY new release (BD+ or not) up to a year old at least: online database very likely needed
Screenpass/playlist obfuscated protected disc: online database DEFINITELY needed.
Basic aacs only: should be handled offline just fine unless it's an new MKB version (think AnyDVD currently handles up to 63)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Does this mean that I could run a fully-licensed version (lifetime license) of RedFox on a PC that is completely disconnected from the internet, and everything would work fine in perpetuity, as long as I don't try to rip any BD+ or ScreenPass titles, or any NEW titles that do not yet have entries in the cached database? The PC can be connected to the internet for the first day or two while getting set up, but after that would run completely disconnected. Based on the above, I believe this would work, within the limitations I mentioned. (or any similar new protection methods, of course)

Would it need to reconnect to the internet for verification when I install updates? (downloaded when released and loaded via USB flash drive) Or could it run pretty much indefinitely, if not being asked to decode previously unknown titles, or the BD+/ScreenPass titles?

Yes I figured that out, the Trial always connects to internet and doesn't seem to save past titles. The retail version is what everyone said in other posts. The bottom line is to support anyDVD so they can keep making it. Really no one else is doing it (MPAA and all the big corp don't like this) so paying for a license is really vital no matter what limitations you may have.

If you want to test how to run it offline say 20 years from now, then change clock in BIOS and in Windows for 20 years from now and see if it asks to connect. I haven't tried that but may want to ask to verify every so many months or years, but it's an easy test to find out.

Back