AnyDVD Tray Icon

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Lance, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Lance

Lance Member

Does anybody else have trouble with the AnyDVD tray icon? Sometimes mine shows in the tray at boot time and sometimes it doesn't even though AnyDVD is loaded.

Attempting to restart the program doesn't fix it. Is there any work around for this? (Windows XP Home (SP2))

2. Chris Gonzales

Chris Gonzales not Pierre Plantard

Maybe you experience the "hide icon trap".

Start AnyDVD by choosing Start-All Programs-Slysoft-AnyDVD-AnyDVD

Then bring up the AnyDVD setup by choosing Start-All Programs-Slysoft-AnyDVD-AnyDVD *again*

In that setup menu go to "Program settings" and deactivate the "Hide Icon" option.

3. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

i occasionally have the same problem.
    even though in program settings i have 'Hide Icon' unchecked,sometimes it doesn't display when pc has booted (it sometimes even isn't there when i click the arrow to reveal hidden icons-even though taskmanager shows it running.plus in taskbar>properties>notification area 'customize',the icon is set to 'always show').
    so i just go into task manager,highlight AnyDVD>end task>are you sure?>yes i'm sure.will you please end it>ok.just checking.dont get stroppy>well,i asked you to end it.just blooming end it.Now!>ok i'm ending it. blah blah blah :D
    then start the program manually and then icon shows 8)

i think it's just the computer being daft sometimes.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008