• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD Status window displays "NTSC" instead of "PAL" after iso creation from files/folders

theosch

AnyDVD Status window displays "NTSC" instead of "PAL" after iso creation from folders from a VIDEO-DVD

Affected title: "DVD" (Fack ju Göthe) , Region 2 (Germany), language German

My drive is set to region 2

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fack_ju_Göhte
https://www.amazon.de/Fack-ju-Göhte-Elyas-MBarek/dp/B00GJJ131Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1477435871&sr=8-2&keywords=fack+ju+göthe

I've noticed something odd in the AnyDVD Status window.

1) I've ripped a Video DVD (Fack ju Göthe) to HDD with AnyDVD Ripper,
1) because this VIDEO DVD has several pseudo file entries, the DVD is appearing much bigger,
1) which I don't want to have in the iso.

2) After that I created an iso from the files/folders with ImgBurn, (from AnyDVD Ripper in previous step)

3) While AnyDVD running I mounted the iso from previos step.
Suddenly AnyDVD status window displays "NTSC" instead of "PAL".

The DVD certainly is PAL. PAL is displayed by the AnyDVD status window from the original DVD-ROM.

I haven't seen anywhere that ImgBurn nor AnyDVD would make any conversion from PAL to NTSC (nor NTSC to PAL, of course)

I have noticed this issue with older AnyDVD versions, too

I tested this with other DVD movies, also with same kind of copy protection, same steps to get an iso
but there it's correct at least.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.5.0_Info_G_DVDVolume.ziplog
    174.2 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD-Rip_to_HDD_-_iso_created_from_folders_ImgBurn_AnyDVD_8.0.5.0_Info_G_DVDVolume.ziplog
    112.1 KB · Views: 2
Use CloneDVD iso function. Keeps PAL/NTSC status, no 'pseudo' entries (aka structural protection). All done

Use CloneDVD iso function. Keeps PAL/NTSC status, no 'pseudo' entries (aka structural protection). All done

Yes of course one way.

The Rip to HDD function should do sufficient (for structural copy protection) as you explained to me some time ago.

Though the CloneDVD Option is avoiding the "problem", fixing the bug, (appears as a bug by AnyDVD)
or is that programmed intentionally, so that to buy CloneDVD?

(Sorry this is not meant abusive). :)

Last edited:
Pretty sure AnyDVD displays PAL or NTSC depending on what's present in the VIDEO.IFO file. Other than that I can't say it's not a bug, it could be. @James will need to take a look

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Thx for helping.
It's still playing fine,

also when the iso is directly from the DVD-ROM it's still showing PAL.
Also when burnt to DVD+R DL

The NTSC happens just when the iso is extracted (either content copied by Virtual drive by Win Explorer / or AnyDVD Ripp to HDD)
and then rebuilt to iso

I thought of better reporting, to get AnyDVD improved.

If you need help I could upload the iso image to a server for testing, in case any dev interested.

And Packaging the file to zip with a password. I'd give the zip password and Server Download URL in private.
Upload takes two days. The file transfer down will be fast.

I can't find the DVD-ROM anymore. But if needed I can buy it again, and it's not expensive.
Or provide a ziplog from the DVD-ROM.

I just played around a little with the rip to HDD function from old iso backups, with structural copy protection and rebuild to iso, as I prefer iso, and noticed that NTSC thing.

But I think it's time to buy CloneDVD.

OK DVD is ordered :)

Update: Nov 26 2011:
I've got the replacement DVD-ROM for "Fack Ju Goethe" a while ago:
Still when I have ripped the DVD-ROM to HDD and then made an iso from those files/folders and mounting the iso, the AnyDVD-Status-Windows still displays "NTSC" instead of PAL.
This is odd as the material is certainly PAL.

The reason why doing those two steps at all, having an image and get off those pseudo file entries with this movie.

I tried with a few other movies, where I could't produce this wrong-NTSC display bug.
Also another movie with similar king of structural copy protection, this bug does not occur, when ripping to HDD and then making an image.

When made directly an iso, it displays "PAL".
Sry I hope I'm not nerving guessing there're more serious issues to be worked out with AnyDVD at the moment :)

If some dev interested I could ship the DVD.

Last edited:
Please do not tripple post. Use the edit link below your posts instead. Posts merged.

Hi there,

I tested with another movie. I built an iso this time with CloneDVD2 from another DVD movie ( Fack Ju Göhte 2<=). This one has structural copy protection as well, so have CloneDVD2 removed those pseudo file entries.

So in short term:
Mounting from the first iso (or from corresponding .mds file) with Alcohol 120% , which was created directly from the DVD, with ImgBurn or AnyDVD, AnyDVD status window reports "PAL".
Mounting the second iso, which was created directly from the DVD with CloneDVD2, pseudo files from structural protection removed, AnyDVD status window suddenly shows "NTSC".

I must point out that the AnyDVD Status window displays "PAL" with the original DVD-ROM from this movie(!)

Maybe it's worth looking at those .ziplogs and/or sstatus windows screenshot - from DVD-ROM, and from the iso from the AnyDVD Ripper, and compare it from iso with structural copy protection removed (CloneDVD2).

Then you'll see that the display by AnyDVD changed from "PAL" to "NTSC", without logic explanation why, other than that it appears as an AnyDVD bug.

The file size of the Image of CloneDVD is smaller, because structural copy protection removed. :)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.9.0_Info_K_DVDVolume.ziplog
    411.8 KB · Views: 0
  • PAL_iso_containing_structuraly_copy_protection_AnyDVD_8.0.9.0_Info_H_DVDVolume.ziplog
    166.8 KB · Views: 0
  • NTSC_iso_pseudo_file_entries_removed_AnyDVD_8.0.9.0_Info_I_DVDVolume.ziplog
    106.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 1_Fack_ju_Göhte_2-PAL_displayed_-DVD-ROM-AnyDVD-Status-Window1.PNG
    1_Fack_ju_Göhte_2-PAL_displayed_-DVD-ROM-AnyDVD-Status-Window1.PNG
    33.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 1_Fack_ju_Göhte_2-PAL_displayed_-DVD-ROM-AnyDVD-Status-Window2.PNG
    1_Fack_ju_Göhte_2-PAL_displayed_-DVD-ROM-AnyDVD-Status-Window2.PNG
    32 KB · Views: 6
  • 2_Fack_ju_Göhte_2_-PAL_displayed-_iso_containing_structural_copy_protection_AnyDVD-Status-Window.PNG
    2_Fack_ju_Göhte_2_-PAL_displayed-_iso_containing_structural_copy_protection_AnyDVD-Status-Window.PNG
    31.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 3_Fack_ju_Göhte_2_-NTSC_displayed-_iso_CloneDVD2_pseudo_entries_removed_AnyDVD-Status-Window.PNG
    3_Fack_ju_Göhte_2_-NTSC_displayed-_iso_CloneDVD2_pseudo_entries_removed_AnyDVD-Status-Window.PNG
    30 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
This is just cosmetic, and you can ignore it.
What probably happens: AnyDVD removes fake title sets (which are never played) with dummies. Next time, it might use the dummies to check for PAL/NTSC. It isn't so trivial to fix as it sounds, unless I make AnyDVD aware of its own dummies. Ugly.
Just ignore it. These dummies aren't played anyway.

Back