• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD sometimes keeps running after I turn it off

Eman Resu

(version 8490) Sometimes (maybe 5/10 times), AnyDVD keeps running after I disable it (uncheck "Enable AnyDVD"). The icon stays coloured. It usually turns turns itself off after about 15-20 mins. (icon becomes gray), but if in the meantime I run Media Player and want to open a dvd, it freezes and I have to restart my computer. Any suggestions? Thanks.

(version 8490) Sometimes (maybe 5/10 times), AnyDVD keeps running after I disable it (uncheck "Enable AnyDVD"). The icon stays coloured. It usually turns turns itself off after about 15-20 mins. (icon becomes gray), but if in the meantime I run Media Player and want to open a dvd, it freezes and I have to restart my computer. Any suggestions? Thanks.
When I need AnyDVD I start it, when I am done with AnyDVD I EXIT it. There is no need for it to run all the time. As to the freezing of the computer when you start another program, sounds like a Filter Driver issue. You might want to run Imgburn and see if there is something there causing the issue. I can have MPC-HC run with AnyDVD active, I can have Windows Media Player run with AnyDVD active, I can have Media Center run with AnyDVD active, and a host of others, and it causes no issues whatsoever.

When I need AnyDVD I start it, when I am done with AnyDVD I EXIT it. There is no need for it to run all the time. As to the freezing of the computer when you start another program, sounds like a Filter Driver issue. You might want to run Imgburn and see if there is something there causing the issue. I can have MPC-HC run with AnyDVD active, I can have Windows Media Player run with AnyDVD active, I can have Media Center run with AnyDVD active, and a host of others, and it causes no issues whatsoever.
Yes, well when things work, they work as you described. When they don't, I cannot disable or EXIT AnyDVD, it just keeps hanging there (though inactive) for maybe a quarter of an hour..

Yes, well when things work, they work as you described. When they don't, I cannot disable or EXIT AnyDVD, it just keeps hanging there (though inactive) for maybe a quarter of an hour..
Then you have a bigger issue, and it isn't AnyDVD, natively anyway. Something is interfering and trying to control the drive...which is why you check upper/lower filters in Imgburn.

I strongly recommend to keep AnyDVD running. DO NOT TURN IT OFF. Unless you want to change your drive region code.

I strongly recommend to keep AnyDVD running. DO NOT TURN IT OFF. Unless you want to change your drive region code.
Ok, I'll try.. however, I need to disable AnyDVD quite often as I alternately rip audio CDs with another program and I don't want AnyDVD interfering..

Then simply right-click the tray icon and select 'disable anydvd'. That will disable it's functionality while keeping the tray icon active allowing you to quickly reenable it when needed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I am also having this issue with the latest couple of versions. It happens occasionally after I completely disable and exit AnyDVD (usually cause I need to use MakeMKV for UHD). There is no icon anymore but I need to disable AnyDVD in the task manager.

Ok, I'll try.. however, I need to disable AnyDVD quite often as I alternately rip audio CDs with another program and I don't want AnyDVD interfering..
It doesn't interfere. You can disable removal of audio copy protections in AnyDVD settings.

Back