1. AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, download with Netflix and Hulu is not possible at the moment.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved - but it will take a few days. Thank you.

AnyDVD reports v6.1.8.40 available when 6.1.8.4 is installed

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by RonnyNussbaum, Oct 15, 2007.

1. RonnyNussbaum

RonnyNussbaum New Member

I want to know if I'm the only one "suffering" from this annoyance.

Whenever I restart my computer (and inevitably restart AnyDVD), it shows a message that AnyDVD 6.1.8.40 is available for download, but I have v6.1.8.4 installed.

The same happened to me before with previous versions. For example, it told me that 6.1.7.40 was "available for download" when 6.1.7.4 was installed.

I e-mailed SlySoft support before, and their first response was that my installation file is corrupt. I think it's impossible to install from a corrupt file, but nevertheless, that was their answer.

So, I decided to generate an MD5 of my install file.
    The MD5 of my 6.1.8.4 installation executable is:
    8848fb4ae0ee881ee7e07e870d482fa5

Does anyone else see this?
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Defiant.NX74205/Slysoft

2. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

The MD5 hash is correct but I haven't experienced this in the past or with AnyDVD 6.1.8.4 installed.

Sorry.

3. RonnyNussbaum

RonnyNussbaum New Member

Cool.
    At least you confirmed that I'm not going crazy :)
    SlySoft simply ignored my support request eventually, but as you can see, I do get the message, so maybe this will convince them to investigate a little more ;)

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

I've never had that happen to me (on several different systems as well) either.