• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anydvd (RedFox) and UHD/AACS 2.0 - There is hope

Usually something like a capture card or hdcp stripper. They can be actual 4k rips, just not with a PC optical drive.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Easy to do gents.
Adjust input settings to 4K with 4K capture software ofcourse.
& rock on.
And u don't need HD fury necessarily.
Mines is on order but I may cancel, tools I'm using is not that expensive at all
On those thumb nails take a closer look at bottom left side.

Now is just for AnyUHD on the other side of the door.

Attachments

• IMG_9023.JPG
    IMG_9023.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_9024.JPG
    IMG_9024.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_9028.JPG
    IMG_9028.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_9026.JPG
    IMG_9026.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I'm guessing 4k to HDMI 2.2 to 1.4 splitter to hdcp remove splitter to 4k capture card. You will notice the 10bit and color 4:2:2:2 HDR gets dropped and these recordings max out at 30fps. I can play 4k but refuse to waste hard drive space on this format. All 4k will remain on disc for me when the price of 4k hardware players come down in price. Netflix 4k releases are most likely done this way. Guessing the audio was taken off blurays. When you see HDR and dtsx rips then someone has come me up with a way. Dtsx and atamos are formats that are on most 4k discs. The cost to do this is crazy. Storage huge. Way to much work. If you sit 7 feet away 1080p and 4 k look the same. HDR is a big market gimmic. Basically HDR is like exposing a person and sky together like you use to do with Canon +- exposure bracketing

Dtsx and atamos are formats that are on most 4k discs. That's possible remember there's audio out true another HDMI port it can be done.

Sony 70in HDR bdrx90 slim line the visual will blow your mind. Running android with kodi ofcourse

And u can get 60fps + HDR...rip
In a few days I'll know more.
And u don't necessarily need 4K to be recorded at 60fps UHD players play disc @ 30fps and file/ USB TS file UHD @ 60fps
& for downloading purposes who would want to download a 60gig on average file lol.
I do have 75TB home network for home movie storage.

With an Audio embeder u can get up to 7.1 dts surround HD.
(1080p) UHD
Playing a down converted UHD file looks exeptional
Play back file only on UHD player up converted back automatically to 4K 60fps.

Attachments

• IMG_9031.PNG
    IMG_9031.PNG
    198.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Dtsx and atamos are formats that are on most 4k discs. That's possible remember there's audio out true another HDMI port it can be done.

Sony 70in HDR bdrx90 slim line the visual will blow your mind. Running android with kodi ofcourse

And u can get 60fps + HDR...rip
In a few days I'll know more.
And u don't necessarily need 4K to be recorded at 60fps UHD players play disc @ 30fps and file/ USB TS file UHD @ 60fps
& for downloading purposes who would want to download a 60gig on average file lol.
I do have 75TB home network for home movie storage.
75t pretty impressive! Mine is 12t internal 12t external.

If these are really the requirements, they are crazy..... It's cheaper to buy a stand alone player!!!

I agree. 4k for computers is stupid. Blu-ray is as far as I go with htpc. I would have to buy an Intel kaby lake processor, new RAM, new motherboard, 4k drive and powerdvd 17 and 4k hdcp 2.2 plus 2.0 HDMI support. Total cost would be about 1500 bucks. I'm sure I could reuse the case but probably need a new power supply. Have fun anyone who WANTS to spend money. I'll wait 5-6 years then a 4 k build will be 500-700 bucks.

I agree. 4k for computers is stupid. Blu-ray is as far as I go with htpc. I would have to buy an Intel kaby lake processor, new RAM, new motherboard, 4k drive and powerdvd 17 and 4k hdcp 2.2 plus 2.0 HDMI support. Total cost would be about 1500 bucks. I'm sure I could reuse the case but probably need a new power supply. Have fun anyone who want to spend money. I'll wait 5-6 years then a 4 k build will be 500-700 bucks.

I have a SkyLake i7 PC with an NVIDIA GTX 1050ti (HDCP 2.2), 16 GB of RAM, 4 GB of VRAM and I can't play a 4K disc! LOL, are you kidding me???

AnyDVD will save us, I hope

You're worrying to much @MisterXDTV Glad i'm covered by my gtx 1080. pretty sure all i'm going to need to help anydvd support uhd is an UHD capable drive and PDVD 17 :) The motherboard / CPU requirements only apply if you plan to use the CPU's video power. who'd use the built in cpu video for 4k lol.

I'd say 100-150€ for the LG uhd drive, PDVD usually goes around 100.

the 10x series is HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 compliant. Obviously if you're gonna watch 4K, you'll need a 4K capable screen but for the basics with what ya got all ya need except the drive, PDVD 17 and a 4k screen.

You know what happened with Netflix 4K on PC. I fear a particular kind of DRM that requires Kaby Lake

I'd say 100-150€ for the LG uhd drive...
That's what LG support told me today:

LG Support: Aktuell haben wir leider noch kein optisches Laufwerk im Portfolio, dass mit den neuen UHD-BR-Datenträgern zurecht kommt. Auch ist noch nicht bekannt, ob, bzw. Wann hier ein solches Modell von uns auf den deutschen Markt kommen wird.

Translation: At the moment we have no optical drive in our portfolio that can cope with UHD-BR media.
Furthermore it's still unknown if or when such a model will be released on the german market.

Let's hope that support guy isn't well-informed.

no shit they don't have one in their portfolio. I also noticed the EU website(s) are often way behind the US one when it comes to drive models. I've had it first hand that my BH16 wasn't even listed on the .be site but the US site had it just fine.

There are "sites" out there with UHD/4K rips listed. What could these be? Player into a capture card? Upscaling a 1080p rip? Recording a web stream? I'm assuming they're not *actual* rips (haven't tried, just browsing).

I have noticed this as well and what surprised me the most was that HDR and BT2020 colorspace are included. This puzzles me as i never thought it was possible to capture the video with those intact.
Can`t say how they look but judging from the user comments, some say it looks terrific but others also report issues with playback.

Back