• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anydvd (RedFox) and UHD/AACS 2.0 - There is hope

Now that Pioneer have announced UHD drives, will this likely help a possible crack of AACS 2.0 or it does not matter?

Atmos shotgun recorder 4k with bt2020 color space with HDR. This post is to tell anyone from the movie industry that I do not condone piracy in an form but there is nothing wrong about talking about ways they do it. When you actually do it watch out.....

Last edited:
I'm really excited about BT2020 and UHD, finished my degree last year, got a job, finally I can afford what I desire :F

Adding one more thing...... I've never downloaded any torrent for blurays or 4k movies. If you do your ISP keeps logs and can be used in court against you......

Now that Pioneer have announced UHD drives, will this likely help a possible crack of AACS 2.0 or it does not matter?

It's a start but not a guarantee. Lack of documentation is a major pain.

Adding one more thing...... I've never downloaded any torrent for blurays or 4k movies. If you do your ISP keeps logs and can be used in court against you......

That applies to ANY illegal download and NOT every ISP keeps logs, or only does for a certain time period

I would imagine that nobody who is concerned about their privacy would download "that type" of material without using any protection like a VPN. But like everything else, there are bad VPNs as well who keeps their own logs so one have to choose with care.

Sorry for off topic.

For HDR I'm will not be buying 100gig blanks that's a no.
& with 4K bluray combo pkg makes no sense to have an ISO of it as well movie only would suffice
The whole idea of 4K what u can't enjoy it by breaking it down from its original form then that whole process of bypassing aacs 2.0 is not that important for sum, think about it 10 to 9 UHD movies per terabyte just movie only works for me from what I'm seeing they can fit on a 50gig dual Blu-ray Disc.

Or I can convert with divix 4K encoder which also has dts encoding but that's breaking it down to sum degree.

As I said earlier standalone players play the UHD movies the best
Like what PS3 was to Blu-ray Disc when they came out visually outstanding.

Last edited:
For HDR I'm will not be buying 100gig blanks that's a no.
& with 4K bluray combo pkg makes no sense to have an ISO of it as well movie only would suffice
The whole idea of 4K what u can't enjoy it by breaking it down from its original form then that whole process of bypassing aacs 2.0 is not that important for sum, think about it 10 to 9 UHD movies per terabyte just movie only works for me from what I'm seeing they can fit on a 50gig dual Blu-ray Disc.

Or I can convert with divix 4K encoder which also has dts encoding but that's breaking it down to sum degree.

As I said earlier standalone players play the UHD movies the best
Like what PS3 was to Blu-ray Disc when they came out visually outstanding.
If Sony and MS for the next generation of the PlayStation (Sony) and Microsoft (Xbox) video game/Blu-ray playback consoles can come out with something that'll play the UHD Blu-ray discs, then I'll probably look into purchasing one of them, and only if the prices are comparable to what the prices of an PS4 or Xbox One are today.

Otherwise, I'll just stay content with Blu-ray, since I have all the software and hardware needed to back my legally purchased movies/shows, and I'm still ambivalent on the hype over UHD.

If Sony and MS for the next generation of the PlayStation (Sony) and Microsoft (Xbox) video game/Blu-ray playback consoles can come out with something that'll play the UHD Blu-ray discs, then I'll probably look into purchasing one of them, and only if the prices are comparable to what the prices of an PS4 or Xbox One are today.

Otherwise, I'll just stay content with Blu-ray, since I have all the software and hardware needed to back my legally purchased movies/shows, and I'm still ambivalent on the hype over UHD.

Xbox One S do play UHD BD at ~250 USD

Off topic.... how does h264 play in mpc via burned disk. ? 4k plays fine. Guess playing platters thru mpc with dtsdecoder.dll would be a 4k solution?

Please stay on topic. You need to ask that in third party forum section or mpc place itself

You asked about 2020 it's also part of the HEVC movie file.
If converted back to a Blu-ray Disc structure I wonder how the UHD player would read the disc.

Attachments

• IMG_9033.JPG
    IMG_9033.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
To a standard BD it would most likely not read it at all. As 2020 pretty sure violates standard BD spec. Pretty sure the conversion software would convert the 2020 to a valid color spectrum.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Remember UHD player up converts regular bluray to 4K as well.
I'll try it on the Accountant , yes bought & paid for.
And see what's happens

Got another question has anyone ever seen this happen on there 4K HDTV comes with 5 hdmi ports
1 of those 5 are just UHD connections how is it possible to have the HDTV itself add a 6th hdmi port as if it was its own, that's 1 thing I did notice

Last edited:
We got a drive announcement earlier this week, here comes Cyberlink with a UHD update to PowerDVD:

https://www.cyberlink.com/eng/press...mpaign=affiliate&affid=2581_-1_37_CJaffiliate

So now the critical question: are Redfox devs going to be begin work on UHD support? I know AACS 2.0 needs to be cracked in order to perform rips without encryption so I don't expect this to occur overnight. Just asking if efforts are under way.

If redfox does beat it I won't have to upgrade my setup. All I would need is a rx 460 type card for 4k. Can't wait to see some 4k cyberlink and drive reviews on YouTube..... This will also be great for GPU cards that are great game cards. Redfox would easily have a market for this. Wish you luck devs...

I don't think the playback requirements will apply to simply reading the data on the disc. If they do that would be ****ed up because there's no way for me to add that capability as my ripping PC/media server is an X99 system. I would have to wait until Skylake X at the very least in order to add a CPU with the requisite SGX extensions.

Back