• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD Protection Database 1.0 (beta)

Hello blank,

It's just that I don't understand... The database posted on the first page contain all the BD keys (not 4K UHD) until october 2019. The lastest version of AnyDVD has been released the 20th August of this year.

How is it possible for the lastest version of AnyDVD to decrypt blurays for which the definitions aren't in the database ? Or does the fact of installing the database and then update AnyDVD make AnyDVD download the new OPD ?

don't think you even need the database anymore. The latest version is a lot more up-to-date with bd decryption info than the local database.

Okay, so as long as I buy the software (not the free trial) and keep up to date, I should be able to decrypt all Bds released until this date ?
And does it means that the database is included with AnyDVD and updated at the same time than AnyDVD ?

Okay, so as long as I buy the software (not the free trial) and keep up to date, I should be able to decrypt all Bds released until this date ?
And does it means that the database is included with AnyDVD and updated at the same time than AnyDVD ?

All BD's prior to the day of the anydvd release. If a new disc is released AFTER anydvd's release, it will need the OPD if there's BD+ on it.

Okay, thank you very much for your time and explanations Ch3vr0n ! And thanks to you too blank !

The way it has been explained and seems to work is this:

1. AnyDVDHD, the program, can decrypt all DVDs and most/all BD discs released prior to the current release. Sometimes a BD disc will not work with the current release and you will need an updated AnyDVDHD. You do not need to be online to decrypt DVDs and regular BDs. If your current version of AnyDVDHD supports your disc you are golden.
2. BD+ discs either need the OPD or an online connections. If you are online, and do not have the OPD, then AnyDVDHD will go online and get the relevant info to decrypt your BD+ disc. A copy of this info is then saved in your local cache. If you have the OPD then all the info is copied to your local cache. The OPD has not been update (nor has it needed to be) because either BD+ hasn't been updated/no new BD+ discs have been released/or what not. So the OPD still has all the info you need to make all discs released up to now work without being online.
3. For now all UHD discs need online access for decryption.

Last edited:
don't think you even need the database anymore. The latest version is a lot more up-to-date with bd decryption info than the local database.
So you are saying, that this "Protection Database Download" can be removed, because it isn't needed....
No. The information contained in the download is NOT included in AnyDVD because of its size.

Please read what I wrote earlier in this thread.

Last edited:
All BD's prior to the day of the anydvd release. If a new disc is released AFTER anydvd's release, it will need the OPD if there's BD+ on it.
No. New titles will always need the OPD to get decryption keys, not just BD+ protected titles.
Please, think before you post. You are confusing people.

My bad, I stand corrected!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

So once a UHD has been decrypted, is the decryption saved to my local cache? My objective is to be able to play directly from discs with menu support in VLC without being connected to the internet. If playing directly from UHD discs won't be possible without an internet connection, I will have to settle for copying them to my laptop's SSD, and then playing them with VLC.

So once a UHD has been decrypted, is the decryption saved to my local cache? My objective is to be able to play directly from discs with menu support in VLC without being connected to the internet. If playing directly from UHD discs won't be possible without an internet connection, I will have to settle for copying them to my laptop's SSD, and then playing them with VLC.
Sorry
I wrote yes
Then just saw this related to uhd
Not sure there

Despite the installation of the "AnyDVD Protection Database", AnyDVD ALWAYS requires an internet connection. The database does NOT work, at least with Blurays.

Despite the installation of the "AnyDVD Protection Database", AnyDVD ALWAYS requires an internet connection. The database does NOT work, at least with Blurays.
See comment #6 in this thread:
With the database and the newest AnyDVD version, you can decrypt all Blu-ray (not UHD!) discs (up to the release date of the AnyDVD version) without an online connection.

Edit: Or did you only try older BDs?

It does work offline with Blu-rays, unless they are very new titles. It does not work offline with UHD Blu-rays.
But I have said this many, many times in this thread for many years again and again...
If you think otherwise, post an AnyDVD logfile from a non-working title.

See comment #6 in this thread:

Edit: Or did you only try older BDs?
Almost exclusively old BluRays. I don't have any UHDs. And it doesn't work offline. EVERY time I get error messages about the missing Internet connection.

Almost exclusively old BluRays. I don't have any UHDs. And it doesn't work offline. EVERY time I get error messages about the missing Internet connection.
All old discs should work offline. As I already said, please post an AnyDVD logfile.

Recently I noticed that there are two identical copies of what appears to be a database of some kind related to AnyDVD on my PC.
Recently released versions of AnyDVD release notes say: "- New (UHD): Keys for almost 10000 UHD discs are now included."
Why the duplication?
Is the old "AnyDVD Protection Database 1.0 (beta)" perhaps redundant now?

Back