• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD Protection Database 1.0 (beta)

And now read the first line of that quote again. 'with the database' (aka that file).

You keep asking the same thing over and over just different wording. You seem to be forgetting that there have been numerous anydvd updates too.

I already broke it down as much as it can be. So AGAIN.

New BD releases AFTER the release of that file (aka the OPD copy) require an internet connection.
All bd releases up to the release of that file will be handled by either the anydvd version of that time or an up-to-date one
Anydvd version at the release of that file (ignoring the file itself) can l my handle DVD's released up to that time
New DVD releases release AFTER the anydvd version at that time will require an updated anydvd

I don't know what more you want to know

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

O.k. I am confused. So this is only for BD+?
Yes.
(And after admitting this, Fengtao will rip the file apart, so he can finally decrypt the last Homeland discs... ;) )

For other BDs we still need an internet connection?
Only if released / fixed / updated AFTER the latest AnyDVD version.
Or are those also addressed w/ AnyDVD updates?
Yes.

Only UHD discs always require an internet connection.

Last edited:
My main concern first and foremost is a guarantee on investment - i.e. if something bad was to happen, as it did a few years back, I wouldn't want access to my backups to be tied to one system's cache.
To have you covered was the reason to release the OPD setup.

(With UHD discs beeing the exception at this time. But these aren't even officially supported, they are "beta", so to speak)

Only UHD discs always require an internet connection.

To have you covered was the reason to release the OPD setup.

James,

Thank you for the clarification. That confirms what I suspected and thanks again for releasing the OPD file to provide a bit of insurance in uncertain times ;)!

O.k. as a final update for anyone who looks at this thread - I just rebuilt my HTPC with Win7SP1 clean install. Did a brand new install of the latest AnyDVD (as of this writing) and the OPD. Disconnected completely from network and loaded up a backup BD ISO of a movie released early this year (i.e. after the release of the OPD file) . System worked as expected WITHOUT having to hit the internet for anything. Thanks again to James and the Redfox crew!

Any chance on making this a semi-regular update? I used to rip on the side with my laptop while at work, but we had some security issues with some others and so we turned the wifi off. By the time I get home from work, I end up forgetting to rip, or left the disc at work. Thanks!

Not needed. All required information is present in the latest (beta) release. Or did I not understand the problem?

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-protection-database-1-0-beta.77634/page-3#post-514900
Probably my misunderstanding. I thought that the pgm downloads still had to connect to the OPD to decrypt Blu-Ray discs. I thought that was the point of this manual download--was so that in the absence of an internet connection, discs (up to that point of the DB output) would still be able to be decrypted. If the AnyDVD downloads now also contain a copy of the most up-to date OPD then I suppose it isn't needed, which also makes this older version irrelevant as well.

Or maybe we're both mis-understanding. The original link in this thread for the OPD 1.0 beta was last updated in 2019. I was asking if there's a newer version including the 2020 releases.

EDIT: Reading back through--Chevron states that this is a copy of the OPD as of its release date (Oct 2019). I was asking if there's plans to update it to include everything that's been released since then so that I can decrypt Blu-Ray without an internet connection.

Reading back through--Chevron states that this is a copy of the OPD as of its release date (Oct 2019). I was asking if there's plans to update it to include everything that's been released since then so that I can decrypt Blu-Ray without an internet connection.
As I said in the link I quoted above, no update is needed for discs released BEFORE the latest AnyDVD (beta) version. (Except UHD)

Shadow Lord said:
For other BDs we still need an internet connection?

I answered:

So just to clarify---with the latest version of AnyDVD, I can decrypt any Bluray released prior to that version's date---WITHOUT an internet connection to access the OPD?

Edit--I guess I should say "I *SHOULD* be able to decrypt" because I've had quite a few newer ones fail without internet access. They loaded fine once I was able to connect again.

So just to clarify---with the latest version of AnyDVD, I can decrypt any Bluray released prior to that version's date---WITHOUT an internet connection to access the OPD?

Edit--I guess I should say "I *SHOULD* be able to decrypt" because I've had quite a few newer ones fail without internet access. They loaded fine once I was able to connect again.
Yes. "Released" is probably the wrong word... "taken care of" might be better. Latest beta is from September 1st, everything "taken care of" (released / fixed / updated) later *will* need an internet connection, of course.

Thanks, my understanding was that the "taken care of" DVD's were always in the pgm update, but AnyDVD could decrypt those if they weren't in the program and it couldn't hit the OPD. For the Blu-Rays, I was under the impression it ALWAYS had to hit the OPD unless you'd already previously loaded that disc on that PC. I wasn't aware the PGM included the keys in the DL itself.

Thanks for the clarification James!

Thanks, my understanding was that the "taken care of" DVD's were always in the pgm update, but AnyDVD could decrypt those if they weren't in the program and it couldn't hit the OPD. For the Blu-Rays, I was under the impression it ALWAYS had to hit the OPD unless you'd already previously loaded that disc on that PC. I wasn't aware the PGM included the keys in the DL itself.

Thanks for the clarification James!
You're welcome.

Good evening,

I even after reading the 3 pages of this forum I still don’t understand… I would like to ask you 2 questions :

1) How can AnyDVD lastest version (version 8.4.9.4, released the 20 august) plus the OPD from october 2019 open IN OFFLINE MODE a bluray released in 2020 ? (How could anyDVD open a disc for which it doesn’t have a key in its database that is the OPD)

2) Could you add a feature in AnyDVD to let the users download/update the OPD when they want to ? Even if it was a paid feature, it really could be a nice addition for people wanting to rarely connect their system to the Internet.

I would really like a detailled technical answer please,

I hope you can help me,

Best regards,

Thank you very much !

1) Unless the disc has BD+, the current beta can handle ALL released discs upto that version. UHD discs always require a connection
2) unlikely

Hello Ch3vr0n,

You're right, I should have detailed that I just want to decrypt normal blurays and not 4K UHD ones.

How in OFFLINE monde the lastest version of AnyDVD alone in can decrypt a bluray for which it doesn't have a reference in its database ?

I mean, what's the point of releasing the OPD for the offline users in the first place if it isn't needed to decrypt all BDs in OFFLINE mode ?

I am sorry if it sounds stupid to you, but to me it isn't logical at all...

because that OPD data is included within anydvd itself. The initial OPD database was released in case Redfox went the route slysoft did at that time (aka shut down by the authorities, thankfully that hasn't happened yet).

If I understand correctly what you said, does it means that with every AnyDVD release the whole OPD is downloaded too ?

I only have tried the trial version but didn't find any sign of the OPD when installing the software, so is it a limitation of the free trial or did I searched badly ?

Hello Ch3vr0n,

You're right, I should have detailed that I just want to decrypt normal blurays and not 4K UHD ones.

How in OFFLINE monde the lastest version of AnyDVD alone in can decrypt a bluray for which it doesn't have a reference in its database ?

I mean, what's the point of releasing the OPD for the offline users in the first place if it isn't needed to decrypt all BDs in OFFLINE mode ?

I am sorry if it sounds stupid to you, but to me it isn't logical at all...

If I understand correct: AnyDVD can decrypt most Bluray offline without internet (not the trial). All you need is the newest AnyDVD registered and the Database.

don't think you even need the database anymore. The latest version is a lot more up-to-date with bd decryption info than the local database.

Back