AnyDVD plus.....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by aiko714, Feb 20, 2007.

1. aiko714

aiko714 Member

I am looking for a solution to back-up my commercial DVD's with the highest quality I can.

Mostly DVD-9 to two DVD-5's.

Sometimes DVD-9 to DVD-9.

I just read in a (great) sticky post that for the first instance I would need AnyDVD and CloneDVD.

For the second I would need CloneCD.

Where do CloneDVD and CloneCD overlap in features?
    Do I need to get AnyDVD plus both Clones to do what I want to do?

Thanks.

2. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Anydvcd is just a decrypter and clonedvd2 will rip and burn, clonecd will only do dual layer, clonedvd2 will do dual or single layer dvd's.

So yes you want clonedvd2 and anydvd.

3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

If you want to retain the original layer break when using Verbatim +R DL media, for example, you'll want Clonecd. Clonedvd2 will not retain the original layer break position when using +R DL media.

4. aiko714

aiko714 Member

WS...thanks for the good information. Why would it be important to retain the original layer break position with DL? If that is not retained would it possibly affect running out of space on the second layer?

5. Webslinger

No. Basically it just has to do with where a pause occurs (if at all, during playback; do you like where the pause occurs
    in the original movie? If so, then use Clonecd.)

There's a four page thread here, which after you finish reading, should answer your questions:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=714

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  6. aiko714

aiko714 Member

WS,

It did...I thank you...I would praise you like some of the others do but don't want to embarrass you…too much…besides what’s the big deal about being clear and concise?

Thanks again.

7. Webslinger

Oh, was I wordy?

Anyway, I'm glad you received the information you need.

Take care