• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD only works Once

jgriffin

OK, I just bought anydvd + hd and installed it on my vista media center. I had used the trial previously with an older version and it appeared to work OK.

So i pop in a DVD, media center recognises that a DVD has been inserted, and i choose to rip it to disk using "My Movies".
It finishes, i pop in another one, and no auto-run occurs. I choose to play the DVD, and it says there is no disk.

So i close MC, go to explorer, click on the drive, and Vista pops up a message saying "you need to insert a disk" and opens the drive. I need to reboot, where i get a single go again.

I've checked the upper and lower filters, nothing is there. Any ideas?

-
Summary for drive R: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.3)
PIONEER DVD-RWDVR-111D 1.23 06/05/11PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1771280 sectors (3459 MBytes)
Total size: 3542559 sectors (6919 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: FIGHT_CLUB
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2 4!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 4!

I've checked the upper and lower filters, nothing is there. Any ideas?

That's impossible. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to get the Anydvd status window.

Exit out of all Slysoft programs and reinstall

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Download Anydvd http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe
e) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
f) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
g) Reinstall
h) Reboot
i) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
j) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

My bad, i shouldn't try to describe problems late at night. I meant to say "any filters other than AnyDVD".

Anyway, i noticed that at no point could i ever read the DVD in Windows explorer, even first disc after a reboot. So i fgure something else is going on, and think what i have installed lately - WinDVD8 trial. So, thinking that maybe the combo of PowerDVD and WinDVD on the same box did something, i uninstalled WinDVD8 and the problem went away. I can now see the DVD's in windows explorer, and everything is sweet.

Thanks for your efforts to assist.

The lesson learned here is that a minimalist attitude with software is a good thing. Decide what you're gonna use for a given purpose and avoid redundant products. I've never had 1/2 the problems I ever read about, to a large degree because I when I hit ctrl/alt del and look at the tasks running, I'm usually under 20. What's in your wallet?? (processes)

-W

OK, some more playing has narrowed it down to My Movies 'locking' the DVD, and i have to kill it to get windows to recognise the disc. Until then, both windows and media center think it's a blank DVD.

Back