• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD Online Processing Discussion

Hawk

Frank, I was thinking is procedure for online database update is same as checking for new version in terms of networks.
An example both routine need to contact slysoft servers to obtain information for their respective requirement.

yes, but ...

Frank, I was thinking is procedure for online database update is same as checking for new version in terms of networks.

OK, but up to now the "doing" for BD+ was done semi-locally and therafter far too easily discernible by freeloaders, reverse compilers, spies, others, .....

We are going to stop that and process "behind the curtain" and just hand the solution back, not the process that produced it.

What is being looked into is:

- the "online" requirement will be a total go/no-go parameter in newer BD+ processing. No connection = processing error w/ message as to probable cause and not just "fail".
- the connection to the Internet for the upstream data will be verified by AnyDVDHD and the user will be informed if the connection is not "up".

EDIT to clarify 19 October:

The only difference is that we shipped the required data along with AnyDVD for the most popular titles. May do that again for a few, but definitely not all.
Nothing new. Anyway: whatever gets downloaded is stored and cached locally.

Last edited:
Count me in I like the idea of using server-side to do magic and if understand correctly anydvd will perform uplink and maybe download link test as part of initialization process or when decrypting title.
Another question let say anydvd decrypt title A with version 7.0.9.4 will you plan to add result for this particular title in coming release of 7.0.9.5 or higher version, so no connection is needed for that title.

Last edited:
The idea behind the positive-feedback status of the user's connection is we know that many users have insufficient knowledge of their real Internet status other than just being "on-line" so we will help them if a browser option is blocking AnyDVD from doing what it needs to do.

Frank, does successfully getting decryption data using the current Online Protection Database indicate a good connection, or does this new decryption method need a more "open" internet pipeline? :confused:

Yes, but...

The setting you refer to is part of the intent yes, BUT additionally:

- the setting will no longer be passive or without feedback.
An info message will announce the disc cannot be processed without an Internet connection.

- Most importantly is the PROCESS for solving the disc will ONLY occur on our server and no longer after AnyDVD downloads the required fix.

So if I'm understanding this correctly....

o) Right now to get a new, unknown title key AnyDVD contacts the server to do the work and then add the title key to the local database.
o) For BD+, a similar process is going to be used where the necessary information is sent to the server, and you'll get the "fix" back and added to the local installation. No further contact with the server will be needed when that title is inserted.

Am I correct on this?

So if I'm understanding this correctly....

o) Right now to get a new, unknown title key AnyDVD contacts the server to do the work and then add the title key to the local database.

I believe for decryption this was already in place that it need to connect to server. Later on slysoft update anydvd database for new title(s).

o) For BD+, a similar process is going to be used where the necessary information is sent to the server, and you'll get the "fix" back and added to the local installation. No further contact with the server will be needed when that title is inserted.

Am I correct on this?

My understanding in this matter is gone be same as above procedure. Only thing which we have to see know is will slysoft update local database at all.

Last edited:
I believe for decryption this was already in place that it need to connect to server. Later on slysoft update anydvd database for new title(s).

Yes, I know. I was stating it for comparison to how BD+ updates work/are going to work.

My understanding in this matter is gone be same as above procedure. Only thing which we have to see know is will slysoft update local database at all.

That's why I asked. I want to know if you put a disc in, and it gets a "fix" from the server, if that fix is cached so that the next time you put the disc in it doesn't need a server call. I'm ASSUMING that's how it'll work, but, I'd rather be sure than assume.

I was thinking little bit on different lines what I was saying is once slysoft release new version it often have something along the lines of "update decryption keys"

Slysoft should delay the process of adding keys locally to installer, may be month or two. This shouldn’t affect any database at all, local or online shouldn’t matter. However it will help stop dirty pirates from using it. Since they have to wait long time before they can decrypt title(s).

I think it is one of the best ways to protect investment of consumer who buys it and naturally sheilding slysoft from piracy to certain extend.

Last edited:
Yes, I know. I was stating it for comparison to how BD+ updates work/are going to work.

Why the future tense?
This is exactly what AnyDVD has been doing ever since Contagion (it's been - how long? A year?).

The only difference is that we shipped the required data along with AnyDVD for the most popular titles. May do that again for a few, but definitely not all.

Nothing new.

Anyway: whatever gets downloaded is stored and cached locally.

Why the future tense?
This is exactly what AnyDVD has been doing ever since Contagion (it's been - how long? A year?).

Nothing new.

I didn't know if something had changed. That's why I was confused. I'm good with that.

See SamuriHL you learned something new :D

Though I still wonder if Slysoft like the idea which I wrote in post #11

Actually I didn't. Peer confirmed what I thought I already knew. :)

meh, at least he confirmed doubt to say the least.

Thanks

Thanks for clarifying that difference and I meant to emphasize the Internet connection being checked/verified. Didn't mean to confuse.

Last edited:
Online Database

When the PC that has your Blu-Ray player in it is not connected to the Internet (and never will be) the concept of an "Online Data Base" that the software has to access is nonsensical.

There has to be a way that such a PC can still fully use AnyDVD.

No matter how version 7.1.00 is configured, it still insists that it has failed and will not work.

When the PC that has your Blu-Ray player in it is not connected to the Internet (and never will be) the concept of an "Online Data Base" that the software has to access is nonsensical.

There has to be a way that such a PC can still fully use AnyDVD.

No matter how version 7.1.00 is configured, it still insists that it has failed and will not work.

Its not nonsense, it exists. That failure just means that there is no data in the local anydvd database on your PC to decrypt it. When that is the case, you have 2 options to in your case "fully" use anydvd.

1) update to the latest beta (currently 7104 and requires a valid registration key) or
2) wait till a new release (non-beta) is release that has the updated local database that holds the needed key.

That is the way it is and probably will stay that way.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

Why the future tense?

Nothing new.

I am going to be building a new htpc this winter most likely, and would like to know how to move the existing database that is stored locally to the new machine.
(I keep the protection intact on my iso's, so I would like to have access in case my internet goes down, etc..).
Thanks

Last edited:
I am going to be building a new htpc this winter most likely, and would like to know how to move the existing database that is stored locally to the new machine.
(I keep the protection intact on my iso's, so I would like to have access in case my internet goes down, etc..).
Thanks

C:\ProgramData\SlySoft\AnyDVD\cache

(Windows Vista and up...)

Back