• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD on Windows ARM

Jon G. Dunkelberry

My apologies if this has been answered in the past, I tried searching but came up empty...

If Windows on ARM starts to gain traction, is there any chance AnyDVD will be released to run on it? I figure with the new Macs that were just released, ARM PC’s will gain popularity now that it’s obvious what is possible.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Does the news today of x86 emulation on Windows ARM mean that AnyDVD might run (even if it’s not compiled to run natively)?

I thought I’d revive this thread and see if anyone has any insight into AnyDVD running on Windows on ARM. Windows on ARM is slowing gaining popularity and will only continue to do so.

Normally the official line is anything is possible and it's up to the devs whether something new like that is added. My point being that they probably would not say whether they are going to do it unless they had already decided to do it. That's just my perception however.

Out of sheer curiosity, what is it you plan on running it on? I know ARM has more powerful stuff available but most ARM is low power IOT/mobile devices that I am aware of. Again, just curious.

Out of sheer curiosity, what is it you plan on running it on? I know ARM has more powerful stuff available but most ARM is low power IOT/mobile devices that I am aware of. Again, just curious.

I don’t have any plans right now. But I am interested in the new Macs and potentially virtualizing windows using parallels. But I can only virtualize the arm version of windows.

Reactions: DQ
I don’t have any plans right now. But I am interested in the new Macs and potentially virtualizing windows using parallels. But I can only virtualize the arm version of windows.
Very, very little chance that this will happen. AnyDVD is a driver and therefore needs to be quite close to the hardware it runs on.

Back