• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD not working - followed FAQ advice

How would I remove the pfc filter?

Typically, it's best to simply uninstall whatever (Padus?) program installed the filter originally. That said, I'm not aware of any instances where pfc.sys has caused issues, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try removing it.

In answer to your question . . .

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "pfc". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Please note that whatever program that installed PFC will no longer work properly.

Can I restore the pfc filter easily if it stops something I need from working? What kind of application installs this filter? How do I backup the registry (can I use system restore to undo changes)?

I uninstalled ESET but no change. I did update a codec pack (K-Lite) a week or so ago. Could this be a problem?

OK, so I have followed all advice so far. I have uninstalled all CD/DVD burning applications, all codec packs and used imgburn to remove the padus filter. There has been no change to the problem. What can be casing this? Why is it that when AnyDVD is not running, all discs load to the drive just fine?

OK, so I have followed all advice so far. I have uninstalled all CD/DVD burning applications, all codec packs and used imgburn to remove the padus filter. There has been no change to the problem. What can be casing this? Why is it that when AnyDVD is not running, all discs load to the drive just fine?

Unless you're having a hardware issue something on your system is likely interfering with Anydvd. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this issue on three different systems.

Perhaps someone else will have some other suggestions for you.

It sounds like a driver conflict. Anydvd.sys is running into a conflict with some other system driver on your system.

On a typical Windows system, you can have quite a number of drivers running, so driver conflicts are always a lot of fun to troubleshoot.

I'm not promising anything, but it would be helpful at this point if you could post your system drivers.

To do this:

1) Start -> Run -> type msinfo32
2) Click + sign next to "Software Environment"
3) Click "System Drivers"
4) "File" -> "Export..."
5) Specify a filename, for example, "Save in" -> C:\ -> "drivers.txt"
6) Reply to this thread and click the "Manage Attachments" button, and attach the "drivers.txt" file

We could try to drill down which drivers might be causing a conflict. I can't promise me or anyone else will be able to figure it out, but it's better than nothing.

Thanks for the continued help Pelvis. I had to compress the file to send it:

Attachments

• drivers.zip
    5 KB · Views: 9
Media Change events not recognized..

..this seem to be a perennial issue with Vista and causes new discs to look like old discs (in fact for my machine volume changes have not worked for 1+ year).

Howeve there is now a hotifx for vista to fix this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943632 i think it might be included in the recent roll up package because my machine is now working fine. Finally my DVD changer is working after 9mo of uselessness!

Thanks for the info! This may well be a related problem, but I am using Windows XP and am current on all my patches. Also, the problem disappears when I exit AnyDVD. Having read the article, it appears that it is the timing of certain events that causes this. Does this shed any further light on this problem? I'm still completely unable to use AnyDVD.

Back