• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD not scanning

raylyncorvette

I don't know if this is the right area to post this problem or not but for some reason I can't get AnyDVD to work. When I put a disc in the tray it used to scan the disc that is up until today. Now I put a disc in the tray and there is no scanning of the movie. If I try to burn it using Clone DVD it says the movie is protected and can't be copied. When I look at the icons in the bottom tool bar they are not colored anymore. Instead AnyDVD, Clone DVD and Clone CD are grey in color. Please help

Since they worked before, software doesn't just stop working overnight. Something on your system changed. The only immediate thing I can see they ask share is the elbycdio driver. Try reinstalling.

I have three drives and all three say "AnyDVD disabled for this drive". I haven't downloaded any new programs or anything else. It worked last night when I was making a new copy of Batman vs Superman and it worked great. today when I got home I was asked to burn a fresh copy of an HBO mini series for my wife and that is when AnyDVD and the others quit working. Like I said the small apps in the bottom tool bar are gray in color and the message from the drop down in AnyDVD says it is disabled for the drive. Any ideas?

How old is the drive and when was the last time the laser lens was cleaned? Otherwise you have a dying laser or using bad media. Since no on here knows your system O/S or A/V it uses no one can no what else is going oin.

The age of the drives are irrelevant at this point. So is the fact of a dying laser or bad media. Even if i manually disable anydvd across all my drives, the icon is still solid red. His isn't, thats even before the drives are needed. Something is preventing AnyDVD & co from working properly, and the only shared thing i can see is the elbcdio driver. Please try to reinstall first and see if that fixes it.

If you disable AnyDVD completely by right clicking the little icon and unticking "Enable AnyDVD" the red fox goes grey.

@raylyncorvette have you right clicked the little red fox (actually now a little grey fox) and checked that there is a tick by "Enable AnyDVD"?

I tried reloading both AnyDVD and Clone but they had no effect on the issue. I went through the entire menu of the drop down and made sure everything was in order which it was. I finally Googled the problem and someone posted the same exact issue I am having on MYCE. I looked at teh posts and one person said to un-check the boxes the next to the drives which I did and nothing happened. Then I noticed he said to un-check them with a disc in the drive and then recheck them. I did as he said and the program started working again. Now can someone please tell me just what the heck happened. Before doing this I went into Task Manager jsut to see if the program was there and it too was gray in color and wasn't running.

If you disable AnyDVD completely by right clicking the little icon and unticking "Enable AnyDVD" the red fox goes grey.

@raylyncorvette have you right clicked the little red fox (actually now a little grey fox) and checked that there is a tick by "Enable AnyDVD"?

I did right click before the "fix" and yes it was enabled and checked but it was still grey. Yet the drop down said all three drives were disabled. The only thing that has been done to the computer lately is an update that performed earlier today by Norton.

if you UNCHECK the boxes next to the drives you're telling ANYDVD NOT to be active on those drives. That's the exact opposite of what should be done. The boxes need to be ticked, for anydvd to do its magic on the drives. Now that you mentioned norton, try uninstalling that (crap) and see if it works then. If it doesn't reinstall the software products again with norton still uninstalled and see if that works. Definitely isn't the first time that crap screws things up, think the last report was just a few weeks ago.

if you UNCHECK the boxes next to the drives you're telling ANYDVD NOT to be active on those drives. That's the exact opposite of what should be done. The boxes need to be ticked, for anydvd to do its magic on the drives. Now that you mentioned norton, try uninstalling that (crap) and see if it works then. If it doesn't reinstall the software products again with norton still uninstalled and see if that works. Definitely isn't the first time that crap screws things up, think the last report was just a few weeks ago.

I understand what un-checking the boxes mean but if you read what I said I was just following another persons trial and error. I first unchecked the boxes (it wasn't working anyway) and then I rechecked them and bingo it worked. I took Norton out well before I posted and then tried the program and it still didn't work. That was when I reinstalled both AnyDVD and Clone with no luck. As for Norton I have had it for more than 20 years and have never had an issue before. As a matter of fact it has worked along side AnyDVD and everything else I have ever since I downloaded it with no problems. Regardless of what caused AnyDVD adn Clone to shutoff the program is working now but I'll keep an eye on it. In the meantime I have gone through the entire system and found nothing out of the ordinary since I built this computer 18 months ago. All scans have been run and nothing showed up.The only new item that has been installed over the past few months is the Mionix mouse

Well i suggest you make an image of the system then as it is now, in case it happens again.

I agree that Norton is crap. I have had various nasty experiences with Norton AV type products and I will now never ever have Norton software on any PC I own.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone. I'm still not sure what happened and I probably never will. AnyDVD and Clone are once again running as they should. I am still not convinced that Norton caused my issues. Call me what you will "hardheaded" or just plain "stubborn" but if Norton never failed before (after 20 years) why would it do so now. I will be monitoring the program for the entire weekend and I will also be tweaking a few other items just to be sure everything is working properly. If it does happen again I will unload Norton and anything associated with it to see if that is causing the problem. If not then I guess it will be back to the drawing board and start removing various programs until I come upon the culprit causing the problem. Again thanks to everyone.

Norton once was good but now is more Bloatware/Malware software blocker then a real A/V program it once was. That is a fact it so bloated now that it couldn't do it's job.

Norton once was good but now is more Bloatware/Malware software blocker then a real A/V program it once was. That is a fact it so bloated now that it couldn't do it's job.

Okay I'm probably going to be told this isn't a topic for discussion here but if Norton is the issue then what A/V program would be considered the very best. I don't like the freeware crap because it is freeware and we all know what that can entail. I don't mind paying for a good A/V but I want it to work. So what are the recommendations?

No you won't be, as we've said it could be a problematic factor. I myself am using avast Internet security for 6+ years now I think. Hasn't let me down yet.

Okay I'm probably going to be told this isn't a topic for discussion here but if Norton is the issue then what A/V program would be considered the very best. I don't like the freeware crap because it is freeware and we all know what that can entail. I don't mind paying for a good A/V but I want it to work. So what are the recommendations?
Nowadays none of them are very good.
Try uploading he malware you receive as attachments to SPAM emails from infected computers to virustotal.com. Often only 25% or less of the AV programs at virustotal see anything wrong, and as far as I can see it's not always the same 25%.

Nowadays none of them are very good.
Try uploading he malware you receive as attachments to SPAM emails from infected computers to virustotal.com. Often only 25% or less of the AV programs at virustotal see anything wrong, and as far as I can see it's not always the same 25%.

Thanks for the info

Back