• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD needs an ISO output

you can also mount that .nrg that you created the same way in most virtual drives (virtual clonedrive, nero image drive, alcohol 120, daemon tools, etc)

Thanks for the information SamuriHL. You were a great help. I will have to look into this Deamon Tool you are talking about.

As for the quote above by Zeratul, I used Nero to create an NRG image file, and Virtual Clone Drive does not support it. I had to choose "show all files" to see it, but it wouldn't mount.

And my Nero 7 will not create an ISO file extension. I even changed my settings options and checked the option to "enable all supported recorder formats for the image recorder", and nothing more than the NRG was available for options.

I will use CloneDVD instead.

Thanks for the advice and information everyone

Thanks for the information SamuriHL. You were a great help. I will have to look into this Deamon Tool you are talking about.

As for the quote above by Zeratul, I used Nero to create an NRG image file, and Virtual Clone Drive does not support it. I had to choose "show all files" to see it, but it wouldn't mount.

And my Nero 7 will not create an ISO file extension. I even changed my settings options and checked the option to "enable all supported recorder formats for the image recorder", and nothing more than the NRG was available for options.

I will use CloneDVD instead.

Thanks for the advice and information everyone

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5

That's what you want to get. 4.09 at the top. It will mount NRG, ISO, CCD, and whatever else you want. As for Nero, if you "burn" to the image recorder, when selecting the image name there's a drop down that allows you to pick ISO. However, as I said, if you want to edit the titlesets, CloneDVD is your best bet. Select DVD+R DL to turn off compression and select ISO as output and you're good to go.

i assumed virtual clonedrive would mount .nrg images. :eek: i dont use it as i use alcohol 120 and daemon tools. i would advise you to download daemon tools and give it a shot. it can mount almost any kind of image file. (as can alcohol 120. i believe that it uses the daemon tools virtual drives, and its legal because they have some of the same dev team)

i assumed virtual clonedrive would mount .nrg images. :eek: i dont use it as i use alcohol 120 and daemon tools. i would advise you to download daemon tools and give it a shot. it can mount almost any kind of image file. (as can alcohol 120. i believe that it uses the daemon tools virtual drives, and its legal because they have some of the same dev team)

It will, just rename them to .iso

ah i see.

so do other virtual drive programs use this extra info or just ignore it?

I'm not about to tackle all the issues brought up on your post. :) However, I can tell you this much. ISO is convenient for many reasons. Being one file, you can move it wherever you want on your network rather easily. With Daemon Tools, Virtual CloneDrive, or Nero image tool you can mount the ISO as a virtual drive on your machine...even over a network share if your network is fast enough. Your player software will see it as though you stuck the original in the DVD drive. Nero, ImgBurn, CloneDVD, and many others will all make ISO images. (Yes, even Nero if you know what you're doing will make an actual ISO). Only you can determine if that's easier to maintain than a gazillion directories on your hard drive. With FastMount and Daemon Tools you can literally just double click the ISO you want and have it pop open in your player in seconds. That seems nice. :)

P.S. One more word about ISO creation. If you want to remove crap from the image, my HIGHEST recommendation is to use CloneDVD in dual layer mode. It can output to ISO automagically without you having to do anything and it will work right from the original disc. So, really, it's not a problem to create scaled down ISOs with zero quality loss.

Hello again SamuriHL,

I was using the method you described regarding CloneDVD with the DL target size to create an ISO. It worked great. I used the DVD Titles option, and it immediately selected the Main Movie. All I had to do was remove the unneeded audio and subtitles, and I was on my way to a much smaller – yet uncompressed – movie. Sweet! :bowdown:

I used Virtual Clone Drive to mount and play it with Nero.

As for my Home Network, I recently upgraded my Router to the Netgears GigaEthernet, along with Netgear’s Storage Central (SC101T). It supports SATA drives with GigaEthernet. My PC has GigaLAN incase anyone is wondering.

Now all I need to do is build my MultiMedia PC for the living room, and I’m set.

I am going to look into that FastMount, it sounds like what I need.

Thanks for the advice Samuri. You’ve been a great help.

I'm glad it worked out. Don't forget you can keep the menu while removing all the other stuff. I find that useful so that I can do chapter selection easily. It won't make your image much bigger and it ignores all the titlesets you remove.

Back