• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD locks new virtual drives under Windows 10

Rob Dixon

Windows 10 has been provided with the ability to mount an ISO file without the help of third-party software. Clicking on the file in File Manager takes me to a list of the image's contents in the same way as a zip file.

I have a problem that AnyDVD seems to "grab" virtual drives mounted in this way, so that I am unable to run executable files in the image without getting a privilege violation message. Stopping the AnyDVD service fixes this.

I wonder if there's any way to avoid this. The obvious solution is to remove the drive from the Drives Selection in the settings, but because these drives are temporary, there is no entry for them in the settings until they are created. What I would like is for AnyDVD to ignore anything other than physical drives; I think it is highly unlikely that there will be any restrictions on virtual drives for AnyDVD to remove.

Is there a way of using the settings that will do this for me, or do I need to ask for a completely new feature to be implemented?

Mount one of your iso's, then go to anydvd settings, and drive selection. Disable it got the mounted drive, should fix it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Mount one of your iso's, then go to anydvd settings, and drive selection. Disable it got the mounted drive, should fix it.

Well yes, it does fix it, but obviously I'd rather not have to open the AnyDVD settings every time I mount a virtual drive.

I wonder if there's any way to avoid this.

You could just install the Redfox friendly and supported VCD from Elby available for free in the DL sections of both the Elby or Redfox websites. Then disable it once in the AnyDVDHD settings. And that should fix it.

I think it is highly unlikely that there will be any restrictions on virtual drives for AnyDVD to remove.

That would be incorrect. One of the many features of AnyDVDHD. Is the ability to make your ISO's of HD source media (ie. BD , UHD ) keep it's encryption.By ticking the box for "keep protection" when you create a ISO with the AnyDVDHD Image Ripping function . And there are many reasons why a user would do this.

That's exactly what he doesn't want to do. Use a different mounting tool

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

You could just install the Redfox friendly and supported VCD from Elby available for free in the DL sections of both the Elby or Redfox websites. Then disable it once in the AnyDVDHD settings. And that should fix it.

You're suggesting that I install Virtual CloneDrive, which I understand, but how do I then disable it from AnyDVD, and how will that help my problem? Is Virtual CloneDrive specifically supported by AnyDVD?

Of course it's supported, it's not offered for download on the redfox site because it's not ;-) you disable it the same way I already told you. And you'll only need to do it once, VCD drives are assigned a drive letter, which is remembered by anydvd

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Windows 10 has been provided with the ability to mount an ISO file without the help of third-party software. Clicking on the file in File Manager takes me to a list of the image's contents in the same way as a zip file.

I have a problem that AnyDVD seems to "grab" virtual drives mounted in this way, so that I am unable to run executable files in the image without getting a privilege violation message. Stopping the AnyDVD service fixes this.
Just triesd, but I can't reproduce this problem.

Back