• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD lifetime license not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacksonB

After I downloaded the key I ran the file and it says invalid. I purchased the key when there was still the Slysoft site.

After I downloaded the key I ran the file and it says invalid. I purchased the key when there was still the Slysoft site.
If you have a Slysoft key, you need to have AnyDVD 7.6.9.5 or prior. If you have AnyDVD 8.x.x.x you need a Redfox key.

Is there any way to get a new key besides purchasing a new one

Is there any way to get a new key besides purchasing a new one
I wish they just gave them away, I wouldn't have had to purchase mine. You can continue to use 7695, but you may come across disc(s) that it will not work on.

I wish they just gave them away, I wouldn't have had to purchase mine. You can continue to use 7695, but you may come across disc(s) that it will not work on.
I agree The original purchase for same product should be honored. If the cause was just it should.

it was honored, by the people that sold it to you. That being slysoft, they're dead and unfortunately so's your license. Blame the MPAA / AACS-LA for going after slysoft. If redfox hadn't taken over, your license would have died overnight back in february last year.

So what is the difference Dead Last week or today? Selling the same products

Selling the same products

They aren't the really same product, only by name.
RedFox version of AnyDVD is still actively developed and connects to their new servers which are used to decypt/fix any new discs.
Slysoft version is not maintained and connects to dead servers (since Slysoft is dead).
That's why you need to buy a new licence to get access to the new RedFox product.

If it was the same product there would still be 2 anydvd versions, there arent. and as i said, if the redfox team didn't restart development with the backing of a big part of the community (obviously you're no part of it, that's ok, it's your right) took over development. This unfortunately brought consequences WE were prepared to take. When slysoft got shut down, so to vanished access to it's servers, cashflow,... The developers already hadn't been paid for months by the CEO of slysoft, and you can't pay for new servers (for the new OPD) or the staff without selling new licenses. You can't eat or pay with software code. They didn't want to require new licensed, they had to if anydvd was to survive.

Then there's the fact that anydvd is the ONLY product that actively requires a new license, due to needing constant development. Redfox also took over CloneDVD mobile & CloneCD. They had every right to require new licenses for those to, but they chose not to. Support the project with a license, or don't support it but we're not going to restart the debates of "slysoft licenses should be honored" for the umptieth time.

They were honored by the company that sold it to you for the existence of the company.

I agree The original purchase for same product should be honored. If the cause was just it should.
Treat yourself and buy the new AnyDVDHD, you only missed the transition by a year or more. Go to our purchase page and get a 10% discount for using Bitcoin. Looking forward to you updating and joining the RedFox Project.

Question? So, if the Slysoft and the Redfox version are different companys and require their developers licenses, why is my Slysoft version giving me popups to upgrade to Redfox v8?

Redfox isn't a company. Developers license? Never heard of a software needing a license to develop anything at all. You either develop something or you don't. As to the upgrade well that depends, what version are you using. Old AnyDVD versions simply query the slysoft site, but there's some form of redirect on it when it comes to versions to let the user know that an updated version is available at RedFox which took over development. All you need to do is untick the setting "check for updates" and you're all set.

I'm using v7.6.9.0. I should have said software license(key) instead of developers. I can not find the check box for the updates anywhere

Double Click the tray icon > program settings > 5th checkbox from the top "Automatically check for newer versions of AnyDVD". But y, if you can upgrade :)

Thank you. I can't afford to upgrade at this time. Maybe in the future.

hi,
like many others, I purchased a "lifetime" license of Slysoft's AnyDVD. Looks like someone decided to end my life prematurely...
Now I'm invited/obliged to purchase a new-and-not-cheap "lifetime" licence of Redfox's AnyDVD if I want my lifetime to resume...
But what guarantee to we have that this new "lifetime" will be longer than the one promised by Slysoft ??? Why shall I trust you guys after what happened to my previous "lifetime-temporary" license?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back