• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD is falling behind!!!

To avoid problems like that, wouldn't it just be more simple to use CloneDVD (CloneCD) with a version of anyDVD????? Even xcopy express works really well with anyDVD. *scratches her head*

Why would I want to spend X amounts of dollars for a software when what I already have does what I require? :confused:

Why would I want to spend X amounts of dollars for a software when what I already have does what I require? :confused:

You needn't. Why not just use DVDFab Decrypter until the AnyDVD ripper issues are resolved... which is free, and creates a Shrink-compatible rip. Or, as some others have said, the latest VOBblanker.

Slysoft (or its representatives) seems to have said they're working on a solution for the AnyDVD ripper... but until then it would be wiser to switch to one of the several free alternatives and stop requesting/complaining to them when they're already working on it.

You needn't. Why not just use DVDFab Decrypter until the AnyDVD ripper issues are resolved... which is free, and creates a Shrink-compatible rip. Or, as some others have said, the latest VOBblanker.

Slysoft (or its representatives) seems to have said they're working on a solution for the AnyDVD ripper... but until then it would be wiser to switch to one of the several free alternatives and stop requesting/complaining to them when they're already working on it.

He was responding to the "I don't understand why people don't just buy CloneDVD" post. He wasn't complaining.

I'd like to say thanks for an active and useful forum that allows us to "discuss" the pro's and con's , merits and failings of different products and methods.

For me I'm very happy with AnyDvD and CloneDvD and with the forums help am able to work around problems in the short term. With the continuing battle against the studios causing the loss of another relative newcomer in the field - RipIt4Me - one thing we can count on is the continued availability of AnyDvD with updates - so discussion on the future is good but let's keep it positive!

8)

I'd like to say thanks for an active and useful forum that allows us to "discuss" the pro's and con's , merits and failings of different products and methods.

For me I'm very happy with AnyDvD and CloneDvD and with the forums help am able to work around problems in the short term. With the continuing battle against the studios causing the loss of another relative newcomer in the field - RipIt4Me - one thing we can count on is the continued availability of AnyDvD with updates - so discussion on the future is good but let's keep it positive!

8)

I wouldn't count RipIt4Me out just yet. It is still absolutely functional and the best around and available if you look around. What I find really amazing about this whole RipIt4Me issue - is its real strength seems to revolve around a reasonably simply GUI that is able to identify and avoid intentional flaws and defects on a dvd - making said dvd clearly non-compliant with DVD standards. It is incapable of breaking or decrypting digital encoding, although it can switch to a program capable of that if it is installed on the system being used. Yet suddenly even discussions of the program have had to mostly go underground. While everyone continues to talk about other programs that actually can decrypt. Bizarre. But I'm sure sales of Sony dvd's are now going through the roof (yeah - I'm joking, of course). As I've said elsewhere, I have most likely purchased my last Sony dvd as a result of their preference for wasting their resources adding junk onto their dvd releases rather than focusing on offering top quality products at a reasonable cost.

Last edited:
And if Sony is behind this expect a new copy protection scheme or screwed up dvd structure to counter ripit4me as well. I bet this has already been started for future dvd's that are released. Just a matter of time for it to hit the market. Then you'll want either anydvd or dvdfab decrypter.

And if Sony is behind this expect a new copy protection scheme or screwed up dvd structure to counter ripit4me as well. I bet this has already been started for future dvd's that are released. Just a matter of time for it to hit the market. Then you'll want either anydvd or dvdfab decrypter.

I'm EXTREMELY glad I have AnyDVD, but, I wouldn't count R4M out just yet. Even if Sony does work hard to disable it, I suspect it'll be possible to work around any issues encountered. That being said, AnyDVD's just a TAD easier to work with. ;) Options, however, are always nice.

As I've said elsewhere, I have most likely purchased my last Sony dvd as a result of their preference for wasting their resources adding junk onto their dvd releases rather than focusing on offering top quality products at a reasonable cost.

Don't stop at just the DVD's don't buy anything from these turd burglers. With the root kit deal and all the other ways they have been trying to screw their customers it's time people stop giving them any money!!! And soon enough they will be going "TU"!!!! :clap:

Don't stop at just the DVD's don't buy anything from these turd burglers. With the root kit deal and all the other ways they have been trying to screw their customers it's time people stop giving them any money!!! And soon enough they will be going "TU"!!!! :clap:

Yeah - I have those feelings also. I can ignore Sony Entertainment releases and certainly their computer products. But I find it very difficult to ignore Sony LCD 1080p flat panel televisions as I study and peruse what to purchase for myself . . . as much as I try to be excited about a Samsung or a Sharp, one look at a properly setup xbr3 makes me stop in my tracks . . . .

I posted this comment elsewhere, but they started putting out DVDs with NO TIME CODES. Only cell indexes. Even when you can rip the disc and make it play, you still can't fast forward or rewind. I've bought my last Sony product until they stop playing all these games.
I find it very difficult to ignore Sony LCD 1080p flat panel televisions
Try LG. Their TVs out-perform Sony's in every Consumer Reports and Tech Republic comparison done. (Am I turning into an LG fanboy yet?)

But I find it very difficult to ignore Sony LCD 1080p flat panel televisions as I study and peruse what to purchase for myself . . .

I dunno, the drawbacks of all current flat-panel technology has made it pretty easy for me to ignore pretty much all the LCD and Plasma TVs to date. They can look good when there's nothing else sitting beside them to compare the picture against, but CRT is still the way I go, personally.

I'm also a growing fan of LG. I use Infocus front-projection (DLP), but for flat panel LG is doing very well. Next time I blow up small monitor I'm getting an LG flat to replace it with.

-W

The best decrypter for SONY is don't buy SONY dvd's,-TV's,-DVD Players,-Sound Systems,-Mobile Phones or any other SONY product. This company wants to own the whole entertainment market and when you buy SONY YOU HELP THEM. Think about this folks you have the power to make them think about their corporate strategy, don't blame others look to yourself.
fbu

Sony

I don't own Sony products, which I'm glad about. Last time I had a sony dvd player was along time ago and I had to get rid of it, cause it was out of date.
8) :bowdown: to non sony products.

I'm all for the don't buy Sony ideology, however, explain that to my wife when she wants to watch The Pursuit of Happyness...it's just not realistic.

Yes it is, just depends how much you want to fight against SONY, the Pursuit of Happiness can be provided in other ways.

That was just one example. What I mean is, my wife doesn't care who makes a movie...if she is interested in it, she's going to buy it and expect me to back it up for her. And unfortunately, quite a few movies are released by Sony these days. However, I've stopped buying Sony electronics which hurt them far worse than a few movies ever would. No PS3, no Sony TV, no Sony sound system, etc. We all protest in our own ways. :)

Back